On Balance Volume or Market Delta

Discussion in 'Trading' started by tradingbug, Oct 19, 2008.

1. It has been said often that volume is a leading indicator of price. I do not want this to be a thread in which people argue over if this is a true statement or not. If you do not believe in volume leading price action, please just move on.

I was hoping this thread would be for the exchange of ideas in which OBV or volume Delta can be used to determine future price movement.

I have been following market delta and on balance volume for a few months and was hoping things would "click". My hope for this thread was that the successful users of OBV or Market delta using price to volume divergence would be able to chime in here and show how they use these indicators successfully.

Market Delta also has a delta divergence indicator for the specific use of divergence between price and volume. I was wondering what other traders experiences have been with using this indicator.

Thanks in advance and best of luck in your trading next week.

2. You are trying to compare two very different concepts.

3. Just wanted to say thanks for the link and recommending the video. I've heard Market Delta mentioned a few times lately so I will check out the video.

4. Ok, I thought both were used to spot accumulation or distribution that one might not be able to see from price action. If I am incorrect, could you please elaborate on how they are different. thanks.

5. CreditViolet :)