On a scale of 1-10 how bad is our current situation?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by MrDODGE, Feb 28, 2008.

1. clacy

clacy

Death sand box would be Iraq at $500 billion/yr

#41     Feb 29, 2008
  2. Arnie

Arnie

As an appraiser, I have to ask. Are you pissed because you think the appraisal is "wrong", or are you pissed because the appraiser didn't "hit" the number you needed?

Edit: I vote a 6

#42     Feb 29, 2008
  3. Iraq is probably the most expensive coffin the US has bought to date.

#43     Feb 29, 2008
  4. piezoe

piezoe

It's the cost of welfare that is wrecking us. I suggest we terminate all welfare payments to Lockheed Martin. There is no reason we should have to subsidize their wars. These guys should get real jobs that contribute something to society. :D

#44     Feb 29, 2008
  5. A 100. This is beyond a disaster. Every day there is some other crazy financial product worth $500 Billion that is tanking. This could end in a depression. Everything is going to hell.

#45     Feb 29, 2008
  6. oooh Man, Don't you want to get ride of the bad guys. Here is the price you pay...

This is the life rule, We make a mistake and we pay for it. We make this mistake again and you pay for it harder.

I vote 5.0 with %75 chance of getting to 8.

#46     Feb 29, 2008
  7. I would say 6-7.

#47     Feb 29, 2008
  8. 4

#48     Feb 29, 2008
  9. Political.....9....

Smells the same....no real solutions being discussed...

Obama.....Chavez like...will turn a $1 into 40 cents...then will spread it around a little more...

McCain....equal to 4 more years of Bush....

.............................................................................................

Microecon.....7....

Family units could improve by...and will go in this direction by default...

E Education
    E Government
    Non oil non food based energy revolution
    Medicine no longer a business

This is where the future is going by necessity...
    Efficiency...Worldwide...

You take out expensive school...health...and you ride to
    work in a plug in....charged by solar...or either Honda´s coming hydrogen by solar....one will vote for local and national government projects...

Medicine...the actuarial numbers alone will necessitate medicine to no longer be a business....the current actuarial numbers are just not possible...

Macroecon.....6.....

Ford made mass production a viable concept....but Tata is taking
    it a step further....very important cost reduction concepts...

The internet has a long way to go...the first phase is not even finished...The large satellite dish will become an antique...

Energy

Honda has the correct thinking...Hydrogen produced with solar ...Honda will make it happen....this is not just about cars...this is for homes as well...

Honda has the best concept so far....and they already have the H car on the road...

Equity vs debt.....

Banks such as WFC ...BAC...etc.....have done well financing small to medium size businesses....They receive debt money ...and captalize this debt money into stock....

My vision considers the WFC concept to be inefficient...and there will be zone production equities...replacing banks....which are created with nonobligatory stock and avoid the debt portion....this would represent the same portfolio...but would be without the middleman..the bank....This is a huge change for the better....and has never been discussed....

etc...etc....etc.....

#49     Feb 29, 2008
  10. donnap

donnap

What we need is a recession - the sooner the better. Who says it's good to grow and grow the economy. Give it a rest. Shake out the weak hands.

What we don't need is a depression. Study the spirraling deflation of the early '30s. People sold durables for pennies on the dollar to stay afloat. Manufacturer's could hardly sell anything at cost.

Farmers didn't ship production because they couldn't profit from it. Meanwhile some people were starving. Total collapse of liquidity.

That's Bernake's predicament. But he's not giving the impression of being very tough about it. A bit panicky it seems.

I'd give it a 5 also. We need a 7. Don't want to see 8+.

#50     Feb 29, 2008