On a $40,000 equities account what should be my daily profit goal?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MoneyGod, Mar 4, 2009.

1. MoneyGod

MoneyGod

What is a realistic daily profit goal on an account $40k account, or would I just be trading (scalping) as much as I can within certain time frames whenever I see opportunity.

2. You have just answered your own question:cool:

3. 500$ Daily minimum.

4. MoneyGod

MoneyGod

what concerns me is, when I reach a point of say $400 for the day, then end up giving half or all of it back. Should I have set my daily goal at $400 dollars a day, should I have been more conservative at $200 a day, or am I just shooting myself in the foot by trying to set daily goals.

5. MoneyGod

MoneyGod

How did you arrive at a $500 minimum? Just personal opinion? Or does it relate to account size?

6. sesimm

sesimm

Your goal each day should be to make good, consistent trades, money is just the byproduct.

7. FIRST OF ALL......define "OPPORTUNITY" for you.

What is your exact trade plan/methodology, down to the most surgical of level.......what steps come first, second, third, in each and every trade. Build your method with all details first.....then worry about the actual trading live. :)

8. +1

9. MoneyGod

MoneyGod

I've mostly been trading S & R levels and using Trendlines and Channels, and have had some success with it.

10. Daily profit goals are for losers. Focus on taking the correct trades and managing them appropriately. I promise you, if you do that, the money will come and come in droves.

#10     Mar 4, 2009