On 10-case geometry and beyond

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by Simples, Jul 3, 2017.

1. I wasn't disagreeing with you. Apologies if my writing came off that way. Rather I was wondering how you interpret volume leading price. Whenever I read Jack, it's kind of all over the place. One way volume leading price is THE pattern (gaussians), that we can look at to gauge at what point of the trend it's currently sitting on. But Jack also mentions volume pace and how much profit we can expect according to the pace, so I thought vol vs vola is also relevant in anticipating the next action.

I also have been looking at the scoring system more closely and have been pondering how I can score every bar accordingly. My interpretation of it was, 0 is DU volume, 7 is FRV, 7 to 4 is our profit opportunity, 3 to 0 is where we anticipate reversal (FTT?). The volume increases(7-6) then decreases(5-4) then peaks (3-2) and dries up (1-0). Now, I'm still confused about how to identify A/D regarding the scoring system though. We have volume (independent variable) and price (dependent variable), what does that make A/D? How do you input increase or decrease for A/D? Price action? This part has been a mystery for me for quiet some time. Can you point me to the right direction?

I very much appreciate your input.

#801     Jan 20, 2019
  2. Sprout

Sprout

With PVT use the fast stochastic (5,2,3). At first, when above 50/50 line - A, below - D. Then try trough to peak and peak to trough.

That will give you the third cell to then convert to binary which translates to base10.

With RDBMS, even though there are three cells on the log; 30m, 5m and Sentiment. It’s filled by right to left. Sentiment of Bar -Long/Short. 2 bar Price Case - Long/Short, Price Case as you ‘squish’ all the bars composing the 30m except for the current bar which you use as the second bar of the Price Case - Long/Short.

When in doubt ‘squish’ bars and then read it as a single bar Sentiment.

In other words, the three cells are evaluating three bars except the first bar(30m) is more than 1bar when evaluated before the top of the hour and hour half. During those times by ‘squishing’ the bar into a single bar a three bar evaluation can occur.

It takes a little practice but is super informative when one’s in the ‘groove.’

This is a case of an older PVT concept dovetailing into Jack’s most recent work.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2019
    #802     Jan 25, 2019
    NeedToLearn likes this.
  3. Regarding Stochastics, is 3 the smoothing factor for slower (5) line? Seems every platform orders the input differently. I have one that lists Period K first and the other listing Period D first. I'm assuming Period K (slow) - 5, Period D (fast) - 2, smooth - 3 for this case?

#803     Jan 28, 2019
  4. Simples

Simples

5. tiddlywinks

tiddlywinks

With the exception that (only) one EE (Ag) is described as VEBO, IMO, VE is not a "need" with RDBMS. That said, knowledge of containers, in particular those things such as VE that occur only after a container point 3 has been made, can offer up a lot of "confidence" to the RDBMS sequence as it is being ID'd. Yes, RDBMS, containers, and gaussians are separate analysis... Separate like a set of Russian nesting dolls!

#805     Feb 5, 2019
  6. Sprout

Sprout

I don't have it in production currently. I usually just mess with the 2 and 3 until it 'looks' right - same with the last two parameters for the slow stochastic.

#806     Feb 16, 2019
    NeedToLearn likes this.
  7. lol over 20, 5 minute bars stuck in a lateral so far. Seems like trading is being done on higher time frames and micro time frames only for the past 2 hours

#807     Feb 21, 2019
  8. Simples

Simples

Drill: Use any OHLCV chart. Start anywhere. Draw connected opposing RTLs.

rtl.png

Considerations:
    • Notice benefits and deficiencies of your ruleset.
    • Did the rules change underway, and how consistently were they being applied?
    • Did you need to do some fanning?
    • Did the process flow forward bar by bar, or did you peek into the future for clues?
    • Did you get stuck at some point?
    • Any aha's along the way?
    • Could there be iterative improvement, and how to make sure?

#808     Feb 26, 2019
    Sprout likes this.
  9. Simples

Simples

10. tiddlywinks

tiddlywinks

Nice!

I read through a couple of pages from your link, and saw one of my own from November 2013.

So with a self-congratulatory whiff, I mention...

Tuesday, March 26th 2019 is my first (of 5) charity day of 2019.
    100% of trading profits for that day (or $1000, whichever is greater) will be donated to https://www.threesquare.org/ ... Three Square is Southern Nevada’s only food bank providing food assistance to the residents of Lincoln, Nye, Esmeralda and Clark Counties.

I encourage everyone to adopt something similar pertinent to your own community, on whatever time scale works for you!

Good trading and no empty bellies for all!

#810     Mar 10, 2019
    Sprout and Simples like this.