On 10-case geometry and beyond

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by Simples, Jul 3, 2017.

1. Well the problem is really with pulling the trigger than the charts as one wrong click can put the position 5 pts in the negative within seconds these days.

As you know I am not doing the reversals in trading yet, so I try to perfect my entries and take profits when the trend looks to be obviously ending (sometimes too quick on the exits, sometimes nail it to the tick, once in awhile fail to realize it's actually a reversal in progress and give back some profits). I find after a trend ends, markets like to wiggle around and pop here and there or do the dreaded sideway small range type of move before developing into a bigger trend again. So I often sideline until it's a bit more clear then jump in at locations where I think has less risk.

The problem is, sometimes 5pts, sometimes 15 pts are now the normal range in a bar so my entry can be off by 5 pts or 10 pts depending on the situation but still be right about direction only to have already exited at a loss. Very comparable to how it used to be only few days back when I can enter with few ticks of risk.

The range per volume seems at least 2 to 3 times more than before as well.

Btw, I have resorted to scalping OTR charts by the end of the session and found it more manageable. Though I'm just simming today as I adapt, it seems the range and the fractal I'm used to trading are within the OTR (faster too) instead of 5m charts lol.

#721     Oct 12, 2018
  2. baro-san

baro-san

If you sim, you should just mask (or not look at) the price axis. The method is even easier on higher volume.

If you're applying Jack's method to OTR, then congratulations! If you're just guessing, I believe you're wasting your time, and probably learning some bad habits.

#722     Oct 12, 2018
    NeedToLearn and Sprout like this.
  3. tiddlywinks

tiddlywinks

OTR??

#723     Oct 13, 2018
  4. tiddlywinks

tiddlywinks

Regarding sim... STOP IT!!

Starting Monday, triple-x.jpg

DO THIS!!
    Be, do, have.

#724     Oct 13, 2018
    Simples, NeedToLearn and Sprout like this.
  5. tiddlywinks

tiddlywinks

This weekend, I re-discovered (with a completely different personal knowledge-base) this Jack post in the butt thread. MAJOR A-HA!!!

>> P3P isn't listed, but it's the ultimate C Turn, right?
    "It is one turn. I wish it could have been the ultimate c turn. I was banking on it being a neat turn type."

buttbands.jpg

#725     Oct 15, 2018
    Simples and NeedToLearn like this.
  6. tiddlywinks

tiddlywinks

An old-style, simple and clean view of ES Daily, since rollover. RTH only.
    Note the potential FTT... but...

1. VE as annotated is ve of a tape... Pt2 of the wider container occurred on 10/11. pt3 on 10/17. There has been no VE (yet) on the wider container.

2. While IV is IV, looking at the last price bar, plus being smack dab in the middle of the container, it does not appear to be FTT to me. There are 80+ points or so, non-dom, before a new pt3 or BO is even possible.

Weekends have a purpose.

ESDaily.jpg

#726     Oct 26, 2018
    NeedToLearn likes this.
  7. baro-san

baro-san

Have you tried to apply the rdbms method?

#727     Oct 26, 2018
  8. tiddlywinks

tiddlywinks

Yes I have. I use it intraday.

Here's the ES Daily from above with rdbms, AS I SEE IT. The starting point was obvious.
    Note: My use of FS (FailSafe, BMREV and BOT1) is parsimonious in comparison to most/many others. Add it to the list of my rogue-ness.

So with yesterday being PP1, a P1 is expected. Wait or a FS are other possibilities. In rdbms, P1 does not require increasing volume like with a container point one. It is determined in context to the PP1 in both the price and volume pane. Yea, rdbms is different, but all of it profitably fits together...containers, gaussian, and rdbms. Jack was amazing!!

ESEE.jpg

#728     Oct 27, 2018
  9. baro-san

baro-san

Would a degapped chart change anything?

#729     Oct 28, 2018
  10. tiddlywinks

tiddlywinks

Definitely.

Since I do not use degapping I will let others answer with their interpretation of such. Of importance regarding degapping... In addition to bastardization of the Y-axis, LTL and RTL is affected, as well as rdbms. Volume however is immutable, and ones ability to properly discern fractals and gaussians in realtime becomes a critical skill for trading degapped.

Also, please remember the chart being discussed is a DAILY.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2018
    #730     Oct 28, 2018