On 10-case geometry and beyond

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by Simples, Jul 3, 2017.

1. tiddlywinks

tiddlywinks

Something I recently snagged regarding C-band (T2P upper, T2F lower).

The mixed tense of Jacks wording (past tense in particular) causes me wonder fwiw.

n1.jpg

#601     Jul 19, 2018
  2. Simples

Simples

P1 is gated after P2,T2F. It seems volume element P1 doesn't always mean price pt1. The way I understand it, the bands won't reverse though.

#602     Jul 19, 2018
  3. tiddlywinks

tiddlywinks

Correct.

The problem with the annotations on Jacks chart that Sprout supplied is the gating of T2P and T2F... on that chart, T2P and T2F, in that order, immediately follow a bar that is rayed as a P1. That can not be correct. A "first" T2P is only after a P2. Afterwords, both T2P and T2F are gated only after T2P or T2F.

Actually, I think it does. Let me rephrase... As for container points, a P1 in VTP as we are discussing can be a container pt1 or pt3. Applies to troughs too but differently in that its DV, a T1 or T2P/F is either a T1 or pt2 to pt3 move of a container. Thinking you are always "seeing" and/or annotating the fractal or sub, or sub-sub, or sub-sub-sub, etc, fractal that the P1 belongs to is a not-for-profit venture however.

Correct. Once a band is activated it remains activated, but only one band is active at a time. I'm a little confused on this in that it is written that only one band is active at a time. In practice however, it seems that a reverse hierarchical is really what happens. EE Ab is a good example, as are the PPx EEs.... Usable even though a "higher" level band has been activated.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2018
    #603     Jul 19, 2018
    NeedToLearn likes this.
  4. I just realized IGMBHTMOADB thread is the very thread I've been reading through last 2 weeks or so. I was like I can't find this thread?!? but it was the "I am getting my...." thread lol.

Today's range was pretty much encapsulated in the first thirty minutes and for some reason my turn types looked like it was operating as inverse as you mentioned. I'm beginning to wonder if I just didn't log correctly or maybe a lateral type of day operates in reverse.

#604     Jul 19, 2018
  5. Sprout

Sprout

Comments with quoted text.

#605     Jul 19, 2018
  6. #606     Jul 19, 2018
    Sprout and Simples like this.
  7. Hmmm... quick question. Once P2 and T2P locks in we have a B-band. It seems we only have 2 types of EE for the b-bands both of which are high volume in nature. So if the next measurable bar is with lower volume than T2P will it be T2F no matter what? (as long as fail safe isn't activated?)

If so I think I got a P3P EE today. There was an a-turn that followed into P3P EE which I marked as a b-turn. Not confident about my id yet but this was a C-A-B except a-turn was the longest segment. My theory was that the a turn was the last push being squeezed out by sub-sub-sub fractal as this push started within lateral. Or I can just be missing an A-band EE somewhere... the laterals..... ugh

#607     Jul 20, 2018
  8. tiddlywinks

tiddlywinks

VTP "kills" T2F (or T2P) if less than T1.

Although B-band is activated with the T2P, EE's of other bands are still usable. I suggested previously in a reverse hierarchy fashion. Ab, Aa, PP1c, PP6a are clearly usable. There may be others.

HTH

#608     Jul 20, 2018
    Simples and NeedToLearn like this.
  9. Ahhh thats what you meant. Thanks!

#609     Jul 20, 2018
  10. Sprout

Sprout

Which B band EE it is depends on whether P2 was greater or lessor than P1 in the sequence.
    P2 < P1 can lead to Bc.
    P2 > P1 or Int UL can lead to Ba.

#610     Jul 22, 2018
    NeedToLearn and Simples like this.