On 10-case geometry and beyond

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by Simples, Jul 3, 2017.

1. tiddlywinks

tiddlywinks

YM 2 min, full day (rth only)

Note the Lat around 11:00. I flattened just before I made first post. There was a complete volume squence within the Lat!! And then wham, shazam!! I fanned the original pink(ish) container to include the lat, which was obviously a non-dom traverse. The new container is the thick pink(ish). I messed/missed $175 or so due to the lat. Oh well. :) Gotta luv the self-correcting nature of this stuff!!!

YM-2min.png

#451     May 22, 2018
    NeedToLearn and JamesRoscoe like this.
  2. Simples

Simples

Started to try out bands to see how they work. Limited to 2 bands and attempting to annotate in a simple way that for now makes some sense to my perception. I know I know I still miss most of the logic, so will need to work quite alot on iterative refinement:

qqq-2018-06-04.png

#452     Jun 4, 2018
    NeedToLearn likes this.
  3. The bands are not that complicated.

#453     Jun 4, 2018
    NeedToLearn and Simples like this.
  4. Sprout

Sprout

Bar237 OB is T1 upper level/P2 lower level. Since T1 is the volume element for the OB, it's not an EE.

Bar238 is a P2 as well as a new pt3.

Bar240 has progressed the trend to T2F.

T2F < T1 as True is an Fd - lvbo.

Bar241 is assigned P1. It also XO'd the RTL.

Bar242 is repeat P1.

Bar243 is a BO,T1. If the price geometry was short then it would have been a PP3.

HTH

#454     Jun 7, 2018
    JamesRoscoe and Simples like this.
  5. Simples

Simples

Not exactly sure how to reconcile the rules here yet.
    Shouldn't T2F be above T1 as well as below T2P?

#455     Jun 9, 2018
    Sprout likes this.
  6. Simples

Simples

Wouldn't bar #97 in the log (View attachment 184418) be P1, as it's accellerating (previous or assigned?) P1?
    If not, what could differentiate it from bars #92 P2 to #93 P1 (> P1)?

Last edited: Jun 9, 2018
    #456     Jun 9, 2018
    Sprout likes this.
  7. Sprout

Sprout

Yes, AND
    Via MADA, the fact that the prior bar is a T2P AND not an EE makes the trend progress to the currently forming bar a test for T2F. Measured volume by EOB is whether the test is true (as you define above) OR that measured volume is in a single secondary band EE’s zone is true.

#457     Jun 9, 2018
    Simples likes this.
  8. Sprout

Sprout

The above log is associated with this chart.

It's a good question. Let's look at WCB. The trend begins at bar89 with a BO,T1.
    bar90 T1
    bar91 T1 repeat
    bar92 P2 -> PP2
    bar93 P1assigned
    bar94 wait
    bar95 is an interesting bar. As per Jack if both bars (94, 95) are within the H and L of bar93 then both bars are a wait. My differentiation on this bar is not complete for they still contain uncertainty. Sometimes I've observed this 3rd bar of a lateral to be as Jack says as not measurable, sometimes I see it as a measurable bar due to the geometry of the RTL.
    The annotated chart, geometry of price, and the OOE is what I look to to determine the difference. All I know for certain is that during debriefing, a volume sequence will 'fit' better. I might just be making it harder on myself deviating from what Jack has defined. I just see it as exercising more mental agility. :D

Let's see which one plays out.
    If bar95 is not measured then bar96 is a T1.
    bar97 P2, (no P1 after T1) this P2 > P1 so it could be Ag. But there's a wait within (which Ag does not have). Aa and Ad have wait's within. Aa is out because that requires the first P2 > P1. Ad is possible and with that EE we need another P1 to present on the next bar.
    bar98 T2P, so no Ad, no EE and a continuation of trend.

From here two paths
    If bar98 is T2P then short continues with
    bar99 T2P repeat
    bar100 P1 (per volume element ranges)
    bar101 T1/P2, No EE
    bar102 P2
    bar103 T2P < T1 -> Ab lvbo

If bar98 is BO,T1 then
    bar99 BM,rev
    bar100 P1
    bar101 T1/P2
    bar102 P2

An alternative sequence

If bar95 is measured then bar96 is a T1
    bar96 shifts to P2, since P2 < P1 this is not Aa
    bar97 P2 > P1, which without the wait would be an Ag, so as is no EE
    bar98 starts as a T2P < T1, then reverses on the Doji and closes near it's high. BO,T1.
    bar99 BM,rev, P1assigned
    bar100 P1
    bar101 T1/P2
    bar102 P2

So even though there are three different sequences, each gets in/out of the trend at early/late cycle points and ultimately all get to the top of the mountain or in this case the bottom of the valley.
    Imho, lats, retro, P1assigned, BO,T1's within them and OB's followed by IB's/Lats are the more difficult aspects of the logic to work out. I sense that when integrating the Modrian/Move-Reversal tables, Turns and Trend types to EE's and not relative volume, this uncertainty will resolve into greater clarity.

What supports the effort is to place BM at EE's (opposite price direction) and at P1's and T1's (if the P1 isn't clarifying) at the beginning of the trend segment. The basic idea is to couple the trend segment containers to the EE's.

HTH

#458     Jun 9, 2018
    Simples likes this.
  9. Simples

Simples

Always helpful :) Thanks, this clears up somethings.
    For bar98 BO,T1 I'm not sure how that can be if 2 previous bars are P2 P1, not P1 P1, volume is not between two previous bars, and is it even third bar of a trend? Maybe if counting lat as one bar, but not quite sure about lats.

#459     Jun 10, 2018
    Sprout likes this.
  10. Simples

Simples

Stitches may be counted as internal, thus not measured per default.
    However, bar #95 being IV, it gets permission.
    Though, processed as Lat3, so Wait/Hold? Unless trading within lats.

#460     Jun 10, 2018