On 10-case geometry and beyond

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by Simples, Jul 3, 2017.

1. baro-san

baro-san

A/D = accumulation / distribution
    B2B2R2B & R2R2B2R = D/A/D/A, or A/D is 0/1/0/1, or non-dom/dom/non-dom/dom

#441     May 8, 2018
    Simples and NeedToLearn like this.
  2. Sprout

Sprout

An annotated chart and written log go together, they inform each other and are incomplete on their own.

Good job on the log. A couple of things.

There should be 81bars from open to clearing and settlement. So no bar0.
    Each bar that gets degapped get logged. Mentally degapping the 5min bar to form the 10 price cases for RTH is like mind gymnastics. Some bars get degapped and others do not, it's important to do it on every bar that requires it as well as track when this happens.

Tracking the bar color of Turns is useful and it'll make trends easier to identify. With trends though, it's a bit like retro. One doesn't quite know until the event happens.

The volume test is marked with "T" for true or "F" for false. The VTP is a series of logical tests repeated in a systematic way.

You need a column for Bookmark between Volume Test and Additional Notes. This column is where you note whether you are Long or Short. Generally, the transition is on a bar and not straddling two bars. L/S - long to short. S/L - short to long.

Bookmarks are placed at Failsafe and A-band EE's, next bar on all other EE's and are helpful at swing highs and lows. Price moving away from a Bookmark is as informative as price penetrating it, penetrating it and closing to invalidate it. The use of Bookmarks are like containing price between two paddle boards. A RTL is usually intersects at a Bookmark. It's helpful to have separate colored BM's.
    Additional notes are a good place to track pt1,2,3,ve,ftt's for the three fractal containers.

Your digital log is different than working with a paper log. It might be an issue later, I dunno. The paper log is designed with NLP concepts, so the handwriting is important to influence the mind-body. It's part of the unconscious programming that occurs as one does MADA on each bar. Handwriting grounds it the body and the unconscious serves up what you need when you need it.
    With developing practice, what starts to happen are clear moments of 'knowing' what price will mostly likely do and be 'in flow' and carving many turns one right after each other. It's pretty fun!

If you are gonna stick with digital,
    There are gestures that are made on the paper log that you'll have to reproduce. It's like a checklist for each bar. Rev Chron and Retro are paper logged a particular way by design, you'll have to reproduce it for your digital version. The gestures help during RTH as well as during debriefing.
    Between EE and Action are 3 columns. There are from left to right 30m, 5m and Senti. One is writing S for short and L for long. Senti is for Sentiment of the bar.

Part of your display of market data should be ES 30m, as well as the YM 2m. You can add them if you have capacity. Whatever you need to do to be able to sweep through these screens at various times. I usually have just the 5m as the main focus.

It's normal not to be able to keep up to the the Hard Right Edge with logging. That's ok. It's more important to annotate the price channels and Bookmarks and observe how a bar builds in real time while just broad strokes on the log. The real-time dynamic of how a bar builds is frequently quite different than the artifact of the same bar timestamped on the chart. The lunchtime area of CCC is usually a good time to catch up with the morning. It's like the gym. With more practice, a person will experience an easier and faster ability to ID a bar.

Sometimes it looks like more than one sequence can fit a trend segment.
    That's ok, during debriefing, only one will prevail and will "lock in" as the correct ID. It'll just make more sense with WCB and WMCN.
    In looking for EE's, Trends are composed of trend segments. The EE's ID all trend segments from the basic granularity on up. What that means is the sometimes the fractal dimensions that are unfolding don't have the same number of bars in their trend segments. The minimum is one bar. Sometimes a single bar goes through a sequence of EE's to it's final transformation.

The Dominants are easier to find and trade then the non-Dom's. I've found semi-automation to work well. That is having a list of all the EE's as drawing templates in my charting package - as well as the 11 sheets binder and examples of all the bar formations in tabular organization. The list of sheets are in the threads you have been working with.

Keep up the good work!

#442     May 8, 2018
    JamesRoscoe and NeedToLearn like this.
  3. I actually have one written by hand but my hand writing is not usually readable for most, so I typed it back into the computer o_O.

Thanks for the detailed remarks coach! Now I need to adjust my logs and digest this.

#443     May 8, 2018
    Sprout likes this.
  4. Simples

Simples

Trend types (TT) and getting (more) happy with the channelling. Plan has been to start assigning P1 for quite some time now, but other stuff keep popping up, besides alot of reading/research of JH-contents. Iterative refinement of my interpretation of the JH-methodology, though far from anything to call completion. DG-chart of QQQ:

qqq-2018-05-17.png

#444     May 18, 2018
    JamesRoscoe and Sprout like this.
  5. It is super good to see that Jack's methods live on. I just recently found out that he died.

#445     May 20, 2018
    Simples likes this.
  6. Sprout

Sprout

Since you are beginning to work out trend types, it’s time to mention the following.

From my observation of trendtypes based on turns is that Jack assigns turns on EE’s rather than the more basic granularity of increasing/decreasing volume on a bar-by-bar basis.

Imho, starting at the bar-by-bar level creates easier access to understanding his concepts of turns and trendtypes that is not muddled by the inaccurate assignment of EE’s. For in missing an EE, inaccuracy errors compound.

In my observation, the fractal nature of concepts remain in tact in that the same principals that apply to the levels of tape/traverse/channel also apply to turns and trendtypes.

In other words, the basic pieces still build upon each other.

In my trading, I’ve not fully incorporated the Modrian/Move Reversal tables of RDBMS as of yet. Instead, as training wheels, I chose to incorporate IF1/IF2 APA as a pre-cursor to full implementation of RDBMS. It’s enough to experience success with the system however, it’s shy of extracting the full offer of the market due to sliggage around retracements vs reversals at trend type turning points at my level of resolution.

Even though having experienced much success with the methodology, I’m still on the path to full differentiation and growing my capacity through iterative refinement.

Hth

#446     May 20, 2018
    JamesRoscoe, NeedToLearn and Simples like this.
  7. doing great here, op.

my 14 year old daughter is also learning these principles. she is building her mind. she used her computer to mine some bitcoin (ala nicehash) and she is getting to see how money can be earned by applying a set of disciplined principles. kids and their crypto... lol...

oh well, we accommodate - so for her learning, we focus on the 15 minute time frame and also monitor hourly and daily for the upper register fractals and sentiment readings.

every evening she performs the routine by thoroughly annotating the chart and then picks up live routines on evenings and weekends when she is able. it is a great learning instrument as it is rather slow (compared to ES), has enough liquidity to follow the ooe's and also has a decent amount of volatility to keep it interesting and let her see those types of moves. also, it is a continouos market so no de-gap which aids her learning with TL's.

it serves as a great learning aid where a young trader can also practice the D,A parts

she is doing great - she will be paying for her college and will become self sufficient with her talents

as you are learning, the system is shells within shells within shells. the 5 minute chart is where it is at for learning and building the mind. we are seeing day after day how "daily bars" are formed. those bars also have their sequences as they are yet another fractal.

as the mind becomes more and more differentiated, after LTM sets in and the trader has facility - the individual starts to also consider their personal goals and needs. Jack seemed to love racing around the track like an F1 driver lol... Todd was a bit more laid back in his approach, id call him a cruiser. both very capable. both settled into their zone. both could perform at any level, but found their personal sweet spot for their lifestyle and personality. after all, trading is an very individual profession.

I tended more towards Todds pace and, over time, I found my niches to be dwelling on the higher fractals (i.e. daily sequences) and how bars will be formed on these upper registers. how they are forming, how volume is building and waning to take us through our order of events which (as we know) applies on all fractals.

my point is, the trader can then chose to apply these insights on any fractal and knowing that, we can chose to taper down our activities (i.e. the daily grind), while always keeping a watch on our instrument(s) and peeking around the corner to see when we want to be in front of the console and open up the engine on the 5 minute for trades vs days where troughs or internals may be forming up and there are better things to be done with our time.

it is an incredibly flexible technique which works in all liquid markets and applies on all time frames. just like the man says :)

it seems you are in great hands here under Sprouts tutelage. very kind of him to take up the mantle.

very best to you both and may you have great successes in all you do.

#447     May 20, 2018
  8. daughter finished her homework this evening; the focus is on asking questions and developing reasoning:

where are we in the sequences of dominance and non-dominance?
    where are we in the volume sequences?
    how fast did things change today?
    what is anticipated going forward?
    how might the sequences unfold?
    what might that look like as the future moves into the present (wmcn, wmNcn) ?

i ask questions and she answers with drawings and we discuss. we get to see aha's together and the larger her smile, the larger the AHA :) each day we check our work against the previous day and make correction if needed. then we setup our pre-flight plan for that day.

being "right" is of, course, great for her at this stage. but more importantly, she is developing a routine and building her mind through repetition.

we can stay on the right side and keep the account safe from harm while she learns and grows.

best to you.

#448     May 21, 2018
  9. tiddlywinks

tiddlywinks

2 minute YM. I've been annotating/SCTing CHANNEL, seems like the sahara desert!! Good day to SCT, not wild. Not digging holding retraces fwiw. SCT has psyco issues I need to tune in to.

YM-2min.png

#449     May 22, 2018
  10. tiddlywinks

tiddlywinks

Thanks for the PM...

The question/comment is... "the gaussians appear out of sync with PA between 9 and 10."

If you sync with movement towards or away from the RTL (in this case accelerated, dotted line) it is pretty close. What does volume do as it approaches RTL? What does volume do to XO? Every squiggle at this resolution and time frame is NOT a trade. Or at least not one I am interested in taking. Maybe there is a fine line between SCT and overtrading. Or maybe I've invented one for myself. Always something to learn. Always something that can be improved. :)

Thanks again for the input.

#450     May 22, 2018