On 10-case geometry and beyond

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by Simples, Jul 3, 2017.

1. i wouldn`t bother with the "cases".You`ll screw up 100%

#141     Feb 12, 2018
    Simples likes this.
  2. baro-san

baro-san

I "bother" with them :)

The "cases" are a filter, essential in tracking volume, price, and dominance as well.

#142     Feb 12, 2018
    Sprout and Simples like this.
  3. Sprout

Sprout

This suggestion is descriptive of an event.
    This event has a type. The type is known as a mutually exclusive event. This event is mutually exclusive from the successful application of the basic operating principals of the JHM universe.

Penrose triangles come to mind.

#143     Feb 13, 2018
  4. tiddlywinks

tiddlywinks

NQ 15 minute, RTH only.
    I use as reference for longer, usually wide(r) channels/guassians.
    Blue broken line is tracking of a potential fanning. Why?... because BO of new up channel is non-conforming to an intermediate guassian(not shown), but the channel is conforming to the guassian of the bigger channel.

Posted prior to RTH opening 2/15/18

Last edited: Feb 15, 2018
    #144     Feb 15, 2018
    Simples likes this.
  5. Simples

Simples

Reset
    Decided to find an easier period to get started with.

Volume
    Traverses
    Tapes

Traverses seems confirmed by volume and tapes (to some degree).

Period range: October, November, December bars

reset-2018-02-15.png

Last edited: Feb 15, 2018
    #145     Feb 15, 2018
  6. tiddlywinks

tiddlywinks

Hi Simples:

As @baro-san mentions, returning to basics is a good thing!
    Now, Im not a good teacher of JHM... although I can explain what it is that I do, and why, in relation to, or in direct opposition to, JHM I do it. Nonetheless, unless sitting side-by-side in some way, in real time, I will confuse most. Others here are more suited as JHM tutors.

That said, I've attached a copy of the JHM volume elements and failsafe docs. I'm near certain you have these docs, and looking at your efforts, I think they are important as part of a return to basics. In particular, the volume elements T2P/T2F and the associated "kill" and "gate" criteria. Coupled with BO/T1 failsafe may be just the reminder needed for a profitable reset.

As always, with all of my usual JHM caveats, I will try to answer any specific questions.

FWIW, IMO... longer duration bars (ie several hours, daily, weekly, etc) are more difficult from a gaussian viewpoint.

#146     Feb 15, 2018
    Simples likes this.
  7. Sprout

Sprout

This might help.

5x5 grid Hammer to Shooting Star.jpg 5x5 grid Shooting Star to Hammer.jpg 5x5 grid Shooting Star to Hammer Key.jpeg 5x5 grid Hammer to Shooting Star Key.jpeg

There are two sheets that are composed of 5x5 bars in a 5x5 grid. Each bar represents 1min timeslice. This is an exercise in discerning Dominance and non-Dominance in a turn that is first observed in the 'shadow' of the bar as it builds.

The 10 cases of price go through a transformation intra-bar. What the bar first presented is different than midway or toward the close. Observing changes in volume pace is an essential aspect of Jack's work. Calibration of volume pace comes faster when there are reference points of volume and how fast it took to build that volume as well as the path it took to get there.

One might have to rotate the grid until it matches the key sheet paired with that grid. This is the sheet that Jack would call a pre-primary in his RDBMS. The 'what came before this' question. As one looks through the permutations of the bar as it traverses from endpoint to endpoint, imagine volume increasing or decreasing and what came before influences what will come after this current bar. This will support clarifying Dominant and non-Dominant sentiment as a bar builds.

We use the initial 5x5 grid drill to create an alphabet. This alphabet can form words. The words create context.

The extended 5x5 grid is like a hologram where the 1st column of a 5 bar group is composed of each bar as it leads it's own column. The columns and bars traverse sequentially from left to right.

5 min, 5 ticks.

This will create a reference grid in your mind if you take on creating extended grids for yourself or as a start trace these.

aho!

five by five begins
    alphabet to words
    all sing together

5x5 grid words into songs.jpeg

note: grids rotate 90deg ccw, keys stay in portrait and overlay it's respectively paired grid. Each column of the grid has a spectrum of starting points for a bar and as a bar builds, any possible close prior to and including the 5th bar in the 5 bar group.

This is an idealized scenario, by grouping bars in different like-to-like and contra variations, different contexts are discerned.

The difference in Dominant turns and non-Dominant turns should get cleared up when doing the drill.

Either turn can happen on increasing or decreasing volume. It's the distribution of volume pace and price rate of change intra-bar that we are calibrating by the placement of volume pace lines on the volume pane.

This assists our unconscious in serving up 'knowing' during events of continuation and change.

My view of the day:

ESH8-5m-180215.jpeg

Last edited: Feb 16, 2018
    #147     Feb 16, 2018
    Simples likes this.
  8. Sprout

Sprout

You'll have an easier time if you pick an instrument that doesn't have so many gaps.

#148     Feb 16, 2018
    JamesRoscoe and Simples like this.
  9. Simples

Simples

Would degapping work? When thinking about it, should be good for intrabar focus, disregarding nuances of interbar.

degap-2018-02-17.png

#149     Feb 17, 2018
  10. Sprout

Sprout

When I first read about Jack’s view on degapping it was in the context of performing MADA on the ES - 5min. It was to create a carry over context from the previous day as a demonstration of the continuity of the market’s system of operation. Degapping is stressed as a way to create the slower fractal container above one’s trading fractal. He observed different characteristics in the PV relationship of rth vs the overnight session.

One of the essentials is the catenary of volume that occurs during rth.

Whereas in the overnight session, the foreign exchange opens are noticeable and there is no catenary.

So to answer your question, I don’t have any personal experience testing JHM on eft’s so I don’t know but I would be confident that it should translate there as well.

I know that he claimed the PV relationship works in any market, in any timeframe provided sufficient liquidity exists. (Spydertrader paraphrasing Jack)

I know this stuff works on selected equities and on btc.
    I know that with ES futures and his RDBMS’s more explicit volume annotations, degapping is a requirement. So I suppose we could work through an eft example to prove that it does.

In any case, you have to have diligence in building your tapes. Cherry picking what one annotates is not gonna produce the understanding of the principals to achieve the results promised. It’s a half-measure.

Building tapes creates traverses. Two traverses form a channel. These geometric forms are related and influence each other. Every bar adds a datapoint to the developing context, every bar makes a difference - even internals which signal ‘wait’ if not in or ‘hold’ if one’s in a position.

Bar2/3 and bar5/6 have an accelerated tape. Bar5 fans a rtl with each bar up to bar9. Bar16/17 is a short tape. The rtl of bar16 fans to include bar18/19. Then there’s an accelerated tape short, etc,..

#150     Feb 17, 2018