omnipotent???

Discussion in 'Politics' started by thesharpone, Jan 8, 2008.

1. Daxtrader

Daxtrader

See it doesn't matter if one believes in god or not, but how the hell can you even begin to set such boundaries to what some call the creator? You're using human logic which you have developed based on your life experiences to define what an omnipotent god would and would not do.

I'm not arguing whether god really exists or not. He may not exist. I don't know. I'm just saying that your argument for god not existing is not a good one at all.

I'm not sure but isn't this from the bible? Once again not everyone believes in the bible. Others have a very broad and general definition of god. And for those that do believe in the bible, maybe it is interpreted wrong or taken literally.

#11     Jan 9, 2008
  2. LT701

LT701

whatever is, is

it doesnt matter what anyone says, including you

you're wasting your time

#12     Jan 9, 2008
  3. Man symbolizes the idea this world is founded upon. The idea is it's maker. There are similarities because the thought system is pretty much the same. The maker is a personality, a consciousness, an alter ego that ultimately does not exist. It does not know anything. It is very ingenious and defensive. It is insecure and unsure of itself. It is desperate. It is a killer. It is two faced. It is alone. But it makes this world and inhabits its bodies.

Man is a graven image of God.
    God has no image.
    So whatever God man symbolizes must not exist.

Jesus

#13     Jan 9, 2008
  4. for someone claiming to be the "sharp one" you sure give the opposite impression.

#14     Jan 9, 2008
  5. Market is in congestion, so I have time now to respond.

If there is a creator, then reason is one of this creator's creations.

"Human logic" is not a matter of opinion based mere on life's experiences; it is a proven means of obtaining truth. Deductive logic, in many ways, is like verbal calculus. Inductive logic is less reliable, but still remarkably reliable, considering it is the basis for the scientific method, which has improved the world greatly in the last couple of centuries. Smallpox, eradicated; lifespans, longer; life, easier. This was all possible only when people began abandoning authority as a means of obtaning truth.

Of course, when people cloud their reason with emotions, unwarranted appeals and such, then there are problems.

And clearly you have no problem with logic, since you are trying to use some yourself to refute my contentions.

If God/creator created reason, why cannot a part of the creation--me--hold this being accountable for actions that are unreasonable?

#15     Jan 9, 2008
  6. God cant be omnipotent if he were he would be able to create a stone heavy enough for nobody to be able to lift it, if somebody including himself could lift the stone he created he is not omnipotent, if he cant lift the stone he created he is not omnipotent either. If god created the market he should start lifting it now because humans cant it seems.

#16     Jan 9, 2008
  7. bluud

bluud

true

of coarse I am

that is what life is; wasting time

and for now I like to waste it like this

#17     Jan 9, 2008
  8. bluud

bluud

after reading my post you try to verify my claim

after living life for so many years, why not try to think and see how valid god's claim is

#18     Jan 9, 2008
  9. God would not do that because God is not a fool.
    This world, however, is it's closest equivelant.
    It's a stone that seems immovable by it's maker; the Son of God.
    Rest assured, the Son is no fool either.
    He can lift it, man cannot.
    Jesus

#19     Jan 9, 2008
  10. your theory is valid, meaning that omnipotence is not possible, but that is when we analyze it within the realm of this universe like in your philosophy, but looking at omnipotence outside of this and any world, and as a cause of this and any world, it is meaningless to analyze it through such theoretical trials

for in the least that omnipotence would be the possible cause of all things even the idea of heaviness, lifting and all things that seem to make sense to you

omnipotence seems to be a possibility, theoretically that is, but may not be valid in reality

for a person who envisions omnipotence, the trial you put forward is not difficult to answer

the least would be that this omnipotent being could modify everyone's brain and thoughts as so to accept that he has created a stone that he can't lift and he can lift at the same time, might not make sense currently, right?!, that is the point, it doesn't have to, like in some dreams illogical things happen but we accept it as valid and completely logical while we are living in the dream, you could remain in such a state for the will of such an omnipotent being, for your current state in which you don't accept is by his will too

---

anyhow my point isn't defending god, but maybe defending omnipotence as an idea, or at least giving the idea of trying to view omnipotence outside of our typical thinking style

as for god he not only is not omnipotent but a very lousy entity

#20     Jan 10, 2008