Ominous Sign: Fed Tax Revenue Set To Plunge Most Since Midst of Great Depression

Discussion in 'Economics' started by ByLoSellHi, Aug 3, 2009.

1. ............................................................................................

Gets a lot closer....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tax_rates_around_the_world

US
    10%C State....5% Fed by state ....no other taxes

versus

China
    25,5-45,17

India
    30-40,10-30,12.5

Russia
    20,30,0-18

Brazil
    34,0-27.5,31,17-25

...................................................................................

When one checks the rates of each country.....it is quite obvious that both individuals and corporations would flock to a US domicile....

Wages could decline in the US because of no taxes....etc....

Since the number of individuals actually paying tax in the US will be declining sharply lower than 50%....in reality the US has no choice but to change/add a VAT type C tax....

What is also very important is the removal of legal largesse which makes up a significant portion of all US products prices....both tangible/intangible.....and particularly in medical costs....

The tax and legal largesse components have to be removed from prices in order to compete in manufacturing....

If this were to happen....The USA rocks on !!!!!!!!

And none of the politiCONs have uttered one peep about structural change....and without it .....the future is clear....

#31     Aug 4, 2009
  2. Yep....but to be fair to the president (he's not my choice, but let's be fair) - The current Democrat party in power in congress has a lot to do with this. The president can't do this all on his own.

But, watch what you say....

http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/Facts-Are-Stubborn-Things/

"There is a lot of disinformation about health insurance reform out there, spanning from control of personal finances to end of life care. These rumors often travel just below the surface via chain emails or through casual conversation. Since we can’t keep track of all of them here at the White House, <b>we’re asking for your help. If you get an email or see something on the web about health insurance reform that seems fishy, send it to flag@whitehouse.gov.</b>"

How Stalinist is that? The government wants citizens to monitor each other and report subversive behaviour. I feel like I've re-immigrated to Stalin's USSR.

#32     Aug 4, 2009
  3. #33     Aug 4, 2009
  4. sigh....first, allow me to point out that Obama chose to keep that when he came to office. So, he made a conscious choice to let that stand, which means that he agrees with it.

Second, while the surveillance act is limited to terrorist suspects, This is the the white house telling people to snitch on their NEIGHBOURS FOR DISAGREEING WITH THE PRESIDENT.

You don't find this disturbing? Just for the record, I wouldn't want to be turned in to either Bush OR Obama for disagreeing with either.

#34     Aug 4, 2009
  5. Mvic

Mvic

Very Orwellian! Wouldn't it have been smarter to have a PAC or 501 org deal with a political strategy of this nature than the White House? The hubris of the occupants of the White House, as far back as I can remember, never ceases to amaze...

#35     Aug 4, 2009
  6. #36     Aug 4, 2009