Ominous Sign: Fed Tax Revenue Set To Plunge Most Since Midst of Great Depression

Discussion in 'Economics' started by ByLoSellHi, Aug 3, 2009.

1. MKTrader

MKTrader

It looks like you didn't read my post. I'm not optimistic at all about "clean energy" or the rest of the Obanomy.

I'm simply saying new jobs and industries would be created under the right conditions--if the U.S. had the tax/regulatory structure to attract new capital. They wouldn't replace lost jobs overnight, but they would eventually. As for what, I don't know--that requires a crystal ball.

#21     Aug 4, 2009
  2. In other words, you're just assuming & hoping, but have no real idea where to even start looking for a new industry.

Only way this nation gets saved is if the manufacturing base grows, which is near impossible without a total revamp of the financial system.

#22     Aug 4, 2009
  3. MKTrader

MKTrader

No, you still don't get it...not at all.

#23     Aug 4, 2009

4. ...............................................................................

Only way this nation gets saved is if the manufacturing base grows, which is near impossible without a total revamp of the financial system. [/B][/QUOTE]

1000% Correct !!!!

Tax structure 15% C Tax only will do it....Even lower wages would net more pay....etc....

BRIC Tax rates would make many of the BRIC domiciles move to the USA....

Jobs left to BRIC....

Herein lies much of the problem....

Has to be addressed....or the same will continue....

Would cross out the word taxhaven....no further need for it....

Plus the tax take would dwarf the current dwindling structure....

A 15% C tax only would be a WIN WIN WIN WIN.....

#24     Aug 4, 2009
  5. Mvic

Mvic

Not for the politicians who want to create ever bigger bureaucratic fiefdoms for themselves, and not for the lobbyists who rely on the lack of transparency in the tax code to pad their pockets and those of their special interest clients :)

#25     Aug 4, 2009
  6. .................................................................................

1000% Correct....

To be structured 10% State, 5% Fed by State mandate....

Effectively eliminates the Fed lobbyist system....

The only further need for the Congress would be errand runners of each state....

#26     Aug 4, 2009
  7. The next generation industries will most likely involve the latest and greatest technologies and advancements. You need to be on the leading edge and highly productive to maintain a lifestyle that is above average. The more competitive the environment is the more difficult to maintain that edge.

Strike 1: We have competition now and even more coming up. Instead of investing in leading edge capabilities that we can export we are investing in providing a lifestyle based on a unsubstantiated standard of living to our population through government redistribution of resources.

Strike 2: We as a nation no longer have a society that values education as much as other nations. Consequently our system will fall with respect to theirs.

Strike 3: We are a dependent nation that no longer as a whole or as individuals control our own destiny. We have come close to abrogating sufficient levels of personal responsibility to government that we are essentially slaves to the politicians. We are trading free will and responsibility and all that comes with it for the false security of government programs to provide for us and shelter us from our inability to think independently and be responsible for ourselves. Government has almost ceased in becoming an enabler and started to become a controller. (I would say the jury is still out on this one but we are coming close to finishing the swing)

#27     Aug 4, 2009
  8. No, you're the one who really does not get it and probably have no concrete understanding why USA lost its manufacturing base.

#28     Aug 4, 2009
  9. It won't happen even with that.

Americans are going to have to be willing to work for the same wage structure that Chinese and Mexicans do in the NWO.

China's treatment of corporations is far more friendly, from a capitalism standpoint, than that of the United States.

Lowest bidder on wages, taxes and environmental and other safety and health regulation takes all in the NWO.

#29     Aug 4, 2009
  10. We ARE still under the budget George Bush signed and the tax code he passed, right? I thought his tax cuts (the rates we currently pay) would have broadened the tax base and brought in MORE money, not less. Guess those theories don't work in practice.

#30     Aug 4, 2009