OMG! NBC nightly news trying to squash Obama birth certificate debate.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ang_99, Jul 22, 2009.

1. Proof? Snopes says it doesn't know.
    So now you guys are down to slandering his mom. I guess I'll just sit back and see how low you'll go. I have a funny feeling there is no real limit.

#41     Jul 23, 2009
  2. #42     Jul 23, 2009
  3. I have my tinfoil hat on?
    Really, someone should warn a body when they're transported to another planet...

#43     Jul 23, 2009
  4. And some people actually get paid by Scientific foundations to help expand human knowledge. And, at the other end of the spectrum, some just choose to bash anyone and everyone that has a different ideology or political slant on an anonymous trading board. I guess it takes all kinds.

c

#44     Jul 23, 2009
  5. fhl

fhl

"Williams' reporting completely ignored the two lines of argument questioning Obama's natural born status. There are those who say he really wasn't born in Hawaii, and Obama has never produced the original birth certificate proving his birth there, only a "Certificate of Live Birth." Proponents of this argument note that Hawaii law at the time of Obama's birth permitted the parents to register a child's birth by affidavit regardless of the child's place of birth and without the signature of the doctor or attending nurse during the child's birth. They cite relatives of Obama in Kenya, including his step-grandmother, who claim he was born in Kenya. The relatives' claims seem suspect to me, particularly the grandmother who charges money for interviews with reporters. It is inexplicable, however, that Obama has refused to make public the original birth certificate he described holding in his hand in his book, Dreams From My Father. Instead, he furnished what he claims is a Certificate of Live Birth that was issued by the State of Hawaii in 2007. Obama and his staff have further clouded the issue by providing reporters with differing accounts over time as to which hospital in Hawaii he was born.

A second line of argument that Obama is not a natural born citizen is the camp in which I rest. Credible legal authority exists for the argument that a natural born citizen is a person born to American citizens. It is undisputed that Obama's father was a Kenyan citizen at the time of his birth and remained so until his death at a young age in Kenya. It is undisputed that Obama's father's Kenyan citizenship made his child a dual citizen of both the U.S. and the British Commonwealth of which Kenya was a part at the time of Obama's birth. His father's British citizenship and his dual citizenship is wholly incompatible with respected American legal authority's view of a natural born citizen. Some legal scholars say mere birth on U.S. soil alone makes you a natural born citizen regardless of your parents' citizenship. Some of these same scholars will tell you that John McCain is not a natural born citizen because he was born in Panama to U.S. citizen parents while his father was serving in the U.S. Navy. I disagree with both views, but I respect the the fact that these legal arguments exist. Williams' NBC report tonight did not even acknowledge the existence of other respected legal views."

http://advanceindiana.blogspot.com/2009/07/nbc-news-still-shilling-for-obama.html

#45     Jul 24, 2009
  6. Can Those who question President Obama's status as a natural born citizen provide evidence that he was born elsewhere than Hawaii?

The answer, so far, has been no.

#46     Jul 24, 2009