OMG interactive brokers charts are HORRIBLE!

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by igaloly, Nov 10, 2018.

1. This guy is taking "the mickey" out of all of us. If you pop open a chart editor you can choose to adjust for splits. However, if you note the chart on the first page, it doesn't adjust prior to 1999. IB started offering stock around then so I suspect that's when they started to collect the data with split flags. I can live with that but if I couldn't, I'd purchase data from a charting firm. Here's a guy complaining about a firm charging him a buck a trade when his local alternatives don't exist or cost 20-50x what he's paying. To each his own - talk about penny pinching.

upload_2018-11-12_20-28-9.png

#41     Nov 12, 2018
    Reformed Trader and tommcginnis like this.
  2. SumZero

SumZero

Anyone remember that day, back in 2006, when SPY traded above 9000 ? :D

spy.JPG

spy1JPG.JPG

For old quotes, IB charts have a lot of errors. We should know and either accept that or move to another place.

#42     Nov 12, 2018
  3. KeLo

KeLo

Last edited: Nov 12, 2018
    #43     Nov 12, 2018
  4. themickey

themickey

Hahaha, LMAO, I scrolled down the list, most of the Tools on offer have 4-5 stars that was until I got to IB DATA DOWNLOADER.
    LMAO again.

#44     Nov 12, 2018
    syswizard likes this.
  5. IB is likely using cheap foreign programmers for their coding work. Bottomline: you get what you pay for.
    It's taken them FOREVER to stabilize their API.

#45     Nov 12, 2018
    themickey likes this.
  6. qlai

qlai

Who doesn't? Don't misunderstand me, foreign and cheap(relatively speaking) doesn't necessarily mean low quality. The problem is there is no loyalty or pride of ownership anymore. This is what happens when you hire mercenaries. But hey, we are in a gig economy ... Yey!

#46     Nov 12, 2018
  7. ET180

ET180

Can you substantiate that claim? They hire software engineers at Greenwich, CT and pay them around $146,952 + $34,848 bonus according to Glassdoor.com. Not a bad compensation package for a SW engineer.

#47     Nov 12, 2018
  8. MotiveWave

MotiveWave Sponsor

Try MotiveWave for the charts interface and still trade directly back to IB.

#48     Nov 14, 2018
  9. NinjaTrader_Ray

NinjaTrader_Ray ET Sponsor

You can use NinjaTrader for FREE and connect it to your Interactive Brokers account. It also comes with FREE EOD data from Kinetick, that has split adjusted data.

upload_2018-11-17_7-53-32.png

#49     Nov 17, 2018
    Troubil likes this.
  10. Troubil

Troubil

Ive been round alot of chart packages and most of them suck, the only real one I could find was Stockcharts.com Most broker platforms are like something from a dollar store, the subscription to stockcharts is so worth it, I could never go back.

#50     Nov 18, 2018
    tom2 likes this.