OMG interactive brokers charts are HORRIBLE!

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by igaloly, Nov 10, 2018.

1. Numbers speak louder than hyperbole cuz those entry level traders you talk about sure trade a lot and have a ton of money with nearly a million trades a day and almost 15 BILLION shares traded in October along with $134 billion in client equity. That translate to average account size of 228K given the October monthly metrics. Yep, that screams of the pros leaving. LOL

#21     Nov 11, 2018
    d08, tom2 and tommcginnis like this.
  2. maxinger

maxinger

I think IB charts are good for those who just started trading as you don't have to pay for that charting software.

sooner or later, you probably want to pay for a charting software as you need quality data and quality chart to earn money.

#22     Nov 11, 2018
  3. RXIS

RXIS

IB has been known for their useless charting system for over 10 years now and the posts regarding the complaints have been a redundancy.

#23     Nov 11, 2018
    tommcginnis and jl1575 like this.
  4. themickey

themickey

When a trader is trading on the bones of his ass, budget software has the appearance of a bargain.
    Quality doesn't cost, it pays.

#24     Nov 11, 2018
  5. qlai

qlai

Can you at least give us an alternative? Preferably something you use and you yourself pay for. Include mkt data source and execution options.

#25     Nov 11, 2018
    tommcginnis likes this.
  6. d08

d08

Not everyone uses charts for trading. IB data is fine for many purposes - price of DIS in 1985 is irrelevant to my trading in 2018, the more recent data is far better than decades ago.

#26     Nov 11, 2018
    tommcginnis likes this.
  7. Baron

Baron ET Founder

I agree with the thread starter. The fact that IB can't produce a split-adjusted chart is just ridiculous. We're not talking about some uber-advanced feature here.

#27     Nov 11, 2018
  8. qlai

qlai

I can bet you, there's some config setting which is impossible to find and no support person knows about it :)

#28     Nov 11, 2018
    tommcginnis likes this.
  9. tommcginnis

tommcginnis

They DO produce split-adjusted charts in the normal course of operations. They HAVE missed it on this one, and whether it's just the OP's or it's all DIS charts, it's idiotic.

#29     Nov 11, 2018
  10. ET180

ET180

There are times when the system goes down for maintenance which are published on their website. I think you can get there by clicking system status from the login prompt. I regularly download data on the weekend and haven't really encountered issues very often. When I do, I usually post about them on here.

#30     Nov 11, 2018
    d08 likes this.