OMG interactive brokers charts are HORRIBLE!

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by igaloly, Nov 10, 2018.

1. qlai

qlai

I repectfully disagree. It costs a lot of money to build and mantain all the features. Do I want to pay higher commissions or platform fees so that the platform has a thousand useless indicators? No! I believe there are third party add on to IB, like DAS that have better charts. Like many people here, I had to relactantly accept IB for what it is.

#11     Nov 10, 2018
    cruisecontrol, tom2 and ET180 like this.
  2. tommcginnis

tommcginnis

Not the stupidest post you've made ever, Mick -- but perhaps just today's.

If you want a nice, safe consumer car-platform, then go drive OptionWunderbutt 2.0 around for a while, with their $3.50 tickets and $x more per contracts. They'll love you. :D

Me? I'll suffer me some IB anytime -- nearly 12 years, soon. And I'll bitch loudly whenever it's called for, and I'll point out at other times, "This ain't no sissy thang." :wtf::p:cool:

Funny, but whenever the market goes on a binge? I loves me my T.W.S. bigtime. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

And right now, btw, I'm still at my desk, slaving away because I can't get TWS to give me historic numbers that I can download, so's I can backtest strategies in a trend-exploitation scheme that seems to be all the rage nowadays. Rather than do it by eye (from TWS), I tried/failed with TradingView (and just today quit), only to find that had I put all that effort into a spreadsheet, I would've been done already. A LOT of time lost. But if you're going to love IB/TWS, you'd best be comfy with "rolling your own" analysis, as I've had to do with option markets (the last 5-6 years), and now with trend-trading (much of calendar 2018, in dribs and drabs).... :wtf::p:cool: So, back to work wit' me.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2018
    #12     Nov 10, 2018
  3. themickey

themickey

If a supplier is not prepared to build a quality item which works 100%, then it should never be built or offered. Simple!
    Offering a flawed service is a reflection of a flawed builder/scammer.

#13     Nov 10, 2018
  4. tommcginnis

tommcginnis

I'll be you've never eaten fast food, either.
    Nor worn blue jeans when a nice worsted wool slack was around.
    Nor bought the cheap beer when temperatures popped.
    "Scammers, all!" you cried! :mad::mad: "Sue the bastards! :mad::mad:

:( Poor Mick. :confused:

Keep up the good fight -- whatever it is. :confused::p:cool:

(But -- IB beats in cost. IB beats in execution. IB beats in interest on cash and on margin. :rolleyes: Jus' sayin'....)

#14     Nov 10, 2018
    Reformed Trader and tom2 like this.
  5. themickey

themickey

Yeah IB is so good all entry level traders flood it and all pro's flee it.
    Carry on.

#15     Nov 10, 2018
  6. ET180

ET180

I agree with tommcinnis, I don't use IB for their charts. I use it to execute trades at a good price for a low commission with high reliability. I also appreciate their free API. They are the only broker that I know of which offers an API for pulling data. So I pull data through their API and make my own charts customized to how I like to view data.

#16     Nov 10, 2018
    Reformed Trader and tom2 like this.
  7. themickey

themickey

#17     Nov 10, 2018
  8. qlai

qlai

You are obviously not in the software industry :)

#18     Nov 10, 2018
  9. Yeah, that seems to happen regularly during weekends: their historical data farms being offline (especially the ones that have US products such as stocks, ETFs, futures). I guess it's IB's way of forcing you to take a day off during the weekend.

#19     Nov 10, 2018
  10. themickey

themickey

A recurring theme with IB appears they have known software issues but fail to resolve them in a speedy manner if at all.
    Me thinks the original coders of the platform have left the building, gone to greener pastures.

#20     Nov 11, 2018
    tommcginnis likes this.