OMG ! An actual 'thank you' note from IB.

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by lindq, Feb 5, 2019.

1. Thank you is not enough. Did IB give you discount on your commissions going forward? If no discount, any extra service? That is what matters:)

Do you mind sharing approximately how much commission you paid to IB to receive a thank you note?

#11     Feb 5, 2019
    d08 likes this.
  2. ET180

ET180

I noticed that I had 3 trades today that reported a negative commission. The trades were small and the commissions ranged from -0.02 to -0.26. These were short option trades and I almost always place my limit order between the bid and the ask so I'm usually adding liquidity to the exchanges. So better than a thank-you note would be apparently actually getting paid to place trades.

#12     Feb 5, 2019
    raf_bcn likes this.
  3. JSOP

JSOP

OMG!!! You guys actually stayed 10+ years with IB??!! How do you guys do it and still retained your sanity??!! IB should give you some major compensation to reward your loyalty, like waiving your commission for the next 100 transactions, having priority on shorting non-shortable stocks and etc....

Receiving a "thank you" message is better than nothing but receiving something more tangible is more worthwhile.

#13     Feb 5, 2019
    daniel5198 likes this.
  4. JSOP

JSOP

Yes it's called Polar Vortex!!

#14     Feb 5, 2019
  5. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

I hope they send you a follow up letter or email that states they are lowering your commissions & fees due to the length of client loyalty when they send out letters or emails to others about their commissions & fees increasing. :cool:

wrbtrader

#15     Feb 6, 2019
  6. oversea

oversea

I’m shocked nobody else pointed this out:
    Nobody at IB could get it together so the thank you note could correctly distinguish between the ‘1 year(s) ago’ people and the ‘15 year(s) ago’ people.

Obviously, IB really appreciates you and the year(s) that you’ve been a client!

#16     Mar 2, 2019
  7. Wow an account opening date algo. Color me not impressed.

#17     Mar 9, 2019
    d08 likes this.
  8. Handle123

Handle123

I bet they pump out thousands of these every day, some appreciation, eh? It is like my insurance company mails me a Birthday card each year, problem is they send it on wrong birthday or ten months early, I rather have the 75 cents less on my insurance then more landfill paper.

#18     Mar 9, 2019
  9. fkienast

fkienast

Must be something special about 11 years, because I just got an email from IB today congratulating me on being a customer for 11 years as well. Did not get one at 10 years. I've had trades open over 90% of the time during that period, although most of them are long-term and simply involve rolling to next contract every few months. I made two initial deposits into the account in 2008 and 2009 (no deposits or withdrawals since then), and present account balance is approximately 11X the sum of the two deposits.

#19     Mar 10, 2019
  10. Overnight

Overnight

They go to 11.

#20     Mar 10, 2019