OMG 5 Down Days - Just Hint of QE if things get bad right?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by e92335i08, Apr 12, 2012.

1. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

Yeah. I did.

In every market one can say, "This is an untradeable market. Everything is messed up. The market shouldn't trade this way."

#11     Apr 12, 2012
  2. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

Then you have your investment thesis... happy trading.

#12     Apr 12, 2012
  3. m22au

m22au

I agree with most of what e92335i08 has written, but the problem with buying land, some guns, some gold, and a lot of fertilizer is that we don't know when the end game will occur.

For all we know, the Fed could continue to kick the can down the road for another 10 / 20 / 30 years, and it may have been better to have a different investment strategy in that period.

For what it's worth I am long gold.

#13     Apr 12, 2012
  4. ElCubano

ElCubano

Land off the grid I hope, if not it will be useless.

Antibiotics, guns ( better to buy all your guns one make and model, so you can change parts if broken ) and bullets is what will be used for barter; these will be your benji's...then food, water, women will be like your Jackson's...

what do you think an Iphone would go for? :D

#14     Apr 12, 2012
  5. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

Seems odd to say, "the US will cease to exist in 30 years so I can't trade futures today"

#15     Apr 12, 2012
  6. Right over your head.

#16     Apr 12, 2012
  7. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

?

I understand the large macro concern if you were say deciding on whether to build a large chemical plant in the US or if you were about to purchase several buildings in manhattan, where a timeframe of 10 or 20 years is important. But to do what we all do here, there are many other more pressing matters in the market.

#17     Apr 12, 2012
  8. I remember having those types of days. At one second the market is taking a dump, fear and chaos, minutes later, some stupid article is released and the market bounces and everyone covers and we close higher. That is the nature of small time frames. Especially in this fragile, computer driven market. I think the good money is being made in swing trading / longer term stuff.

It happens all the time really, even with stuff not related to QE. Remember the Japan nuclear crisis? The market was taking a dive, and we got huge bounces.

The markets are emotional, especially on the small time frames. You have to know your stuff to navigate it. Change with it.

I remember getting 'in the zone.' You literally become the market. You have to know what you're doing, and take advantage of the people who do not know what they're doing.

#18     Apr 15, 2012
  9. In the documentary "Trader"1987 they had very worrisome concerns of too much debt at that time and systematic effects. Here we are 25 years later still kicking the the can lol.

#19     Apr 15, 2012
  10. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

And in the meantime had a period of wealth creation never seen in the history of humanity.

#20     Apr 15, 2012