OMFG!!! Welcome to hell in America!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by dinoman, Feb 6, 2008.

1. It does not matter who you vote for. The results are already "in".

Look at 2004. If not, then try to decipher the election rules. Delegates, super-delegates, etc. The experts can't explain how the results are calculated. Why would anyone make something so simple so difficult??

#21     Feb 6, 2008
  2. you see leno last night. on the jaywalking segment he showed pictures of the candidates to people on the street. only one person knew who any of them were. leno said even he was shocked at the lack of knowledge.

#22     Feb 6, 2008
  3. Arnie

Arnie

McCain or Hillary/Obama

Does it really matter in your day to day affairs?

Why get so worked up over something that is probably going have little if any impact on the your life?

Trust me, there isn't a nickels worth of difference between any of them. :D

#23     Feb 6, 2008
  4. Yeah it matters.

For instance, I trade futures because of the preferential tax treatment they get over equities. IF Hillary gets into office, that will be gone (just my opinion).

For me it will mean having to decide whether to keep on trading futures and lose some edge, or move to another game.

That is just one reason.

Another is that I just don't like her...plain and simple

Steve

#24     Feb 6, 2008
  5. Daxtrader

Daxtrader

You're probably right. At the end of the day, they're all the same. It's not like one candidate will have more power to do things than the other. They all have to go through the same process to get things done in washington.

The problem this time around though is that each and every one of these candidates suck! Ron Paul is too old and doesn't have good delivery. Some young dude with his ideas needs to step up next time around. You just can't keep saying the same two or three lines in every debate.

I always wonder what makes one candidate more appealing to some than another. I think it really does boil down to someone you can relate to on a personal level. It's not about the issues at all. Also the media definitely does influence people's decision. None of my friends know who ron paul is. If the media kept showing his face on tv with some positive phrases to describe him, i'm sure he'd be a frontrunner. Instead, he's always been the candidate that just can't win from day one.

Another thing, I hate how obama has this whole "change" campaign just cause he's black. So sick. I hope he fails miserably.

#25     Feb 6, 2008
  6. sweet jesus we're all doomed

#26     Feb 7, 2008
  7. Brazil is looking great at this point.

#27     Feb 7, 2008
  8. LT701

LT701

the perfection of control, is managed conflict and false choices

the powers that be couldnt care less which of them wins, i dont think they are even interested - they have handlers to feed the winner instructions once they're sworn in

#28     Feb 7, 2008
  9. maxpi

maxpi

Some are worse than others in that regard... I just learned that Jimmy Carter was the biggest New World Order minion ever, I always just thought he was a liberal idiot and the worst president ever...

McCain is moving to the right already as the party has to unify behind him, he could be better than Obama [most liberal of all the senators] and that other one, what's her face, you know...... the bystander in Bill Clinton's great debacle....

#29     Feb 7, 2008
  10. No such luck! You are correct !
    Unfortunately there is lot of stupid people in the good old USA

#30     Feb 7, 2008