Omega-3

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Tsing Tao, May 12, 2017.

1. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Anyone take a good Omega-3 supplement they can recommend? I've heard it's good for heart health. Down side seems to be "fishy burps", which sound awful.

2. I prefer to get mine eating salmon, sardines, eggs and drinking some kefir daily. Good supplements are expensive and have no real nutritional value.

Zodiac4u likes this.
  3. Baron

Baron ET Founder

If you want the max value and quality, then Carlson's finest fish oil is what you want. No fishy taste or fish burps at all. Just tastes like a lemon or orange flavored oil. You will want to store it in the fridge. I just take the cap off the bottle and fill the cap to the top and chug it once daily. Quick and easy.

Tsing Tao likes this.
  4. All supplements are basically the same -- just get the largest quantity and/or cheapest you can find, o_O :thumbsup:

I've been a supplements guy since the mid/late 90's when I started exercising and embracing that GNC-type world.

Go to eBay and you may find some bargains from new/private label supplement brands.

5. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

I'd like to do something daily, and not just eat fish every day.

6. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

This does not appear to be the case with Omega-3.

7. speedo

speedo

I get flax seed meal from my grocer and it's very inexpensive.

8. Baron

Baron ET Founder

Go buy some really cheap fish oil capsules and then buy the fish oil I mentioned above and then tell me if you still believe that.

Visaria likes this.
  9. CET

CET

Check out the Vitacost Mega EFA (Omega-3 EPA and DHA) product on Vitacost's site, as this is what I take. Buy the large size if you plan to take it daily, which you should. They also have a Mega EFA that contains vitamin D3 too if you want that. Vitacost sells many brands, but they have their own line too. EPA and DHA are the essential fatty acids (EFAs) you want. Whatever brand you buy make sure it has been distilled so there is no mercury in it. FYI. Vitacost was public, but I believe Kroger bought them. They regularly have sales on their product line, so take advantage of those. It is also a good site to use to compare prices if you buy other things elsewhere, and they sell much more than just supplements. Taking this product is much cheaper than buying fish.

10. Fish`s bellys have plenty of Omega-3.Naturally.Of course should be frozen for at least 48hrs before cooking.

#10     May 12, 2017