Olympics not such a hot idea at this point in vancouver

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Tsing Tao, Sep 9, 2010.

1. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

2. Pekelo

Pekelo

Originally the Olympics weren't made for making a huge profit but to promote piece, togetherness, etc...

I think the first really "made for profit" Olympics was the one in LA.....

3. zdreg

zdreg

for sure to date it has been the last one, it was run by romney and that's a very good reason he should be next president of the US. the US needs a businessman at the helm and not a community organizer.

as to the OP and kassz0007 you both have have to come up with additional statistics to prove your case.

a 1billion bungle(?) in itself doesn't detract from Canada's reputation in handling the world economic crisis.

on subject of stadiums

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/09/08/sports/08stadium.html?_r=1&scp=2&sq=stadiums&st=cse

4. I have no case to prove. I haven't really read much of anything regarding the economic impact the Vancouver Olympics had on the local economy or British Columbia taxpayers.

All I know is that the OP and the article he references is claiming the olympics in Vancouver was a disaster because the olympic village condos have not sold out. This one fact does not in itself constitute a disaster.

5. zdreg

zdreg

it definitely has not tarnished Canada's reputation.