Olympic lifters/Crossfit workout and diet thread

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by drownpruf, Mar 20, 2014.

1. WTF! That like an entire row in GNC and the local pharmacy.

Do you stagger that or take it all at once?

#31     Mar 25, 2014
  2. After b-fast and dinner.

#32     Mar 25, 2014
  3. achilles28

achilles28

What's 'too heavy' for regular deadlift?

#33     Mar 26, 2014
  4. Why no other hormones such as?

- Pregnenolone
    - EPO
    - Melatonin
    - Thyroid

The body's hormonal system works holistically so for optimum performance, balance is important.
    Plus every hormones levels' go down with age (except for cortisol & a few others)

If testosterone is like having a bigger engine, EPO is like having rocket fuel for it.
    Hematocrit level of 48-50% is ideal.

#34     Mar 26, 2014
  5. Holistically? lol by taking T3 and EPO?

My natural hematocrit runs over 50 (living at elevation). EPO has risks and I am in my 40s and do not compete. I think you need to read-up on exogenous T3 and -feedback. Might help to read about keto-DHEA as well.

#35     Mar 26, 2014
  6. wjk

wjk

Interesting list. Somewhat similar to mine though my amounts are smaller in some cases...I didn't list the amount of each.

SAM-E, DHEA (going to stop DHEA as I try 7 KETO DHEA), CoQ10, Daily Vitamin, D3, L-Tyrosine, L-Arginine, Resveratrol, Glucosamine-Chondroitin-MSM (may discontinue after reading some recent studies on it's lack of effectiveness...not sure yet), Fish Oil, Krill Oil, and ZMA at night. Just started adding 5 grams of Glutamine, and going to go to 10 as my immune system is beginning to give me a hard time. I use platinum pre by ON pre-workout (since I actually know what's in it). Never done growth hormones or steroids.

I supplement workout days with 120 grams of liquid whey. Eat lot's of Flax and Chia on salads or steel cut oats.

Train 4 - 5 days a week with moderate to heavy weight, rotating styles every 2 to 4 weeks using lifting techniques from centuries to rest pause and everything in between. 30 minutes cardio prior to workouts, but want to separate that to a different time of day. Robs my lifting energy. Age 55. 200lbs. I'm shooting for 185 with a body fat around 10.

I've never competed in weightlifting, so probably shouldn't be in this thread, but I was intrigued by your supp list. Training hard does seem to help keep old man age at bay. Get into a funk when I stay out of the gym more than 3 or 4 days consecutive.

Bummer about your T5. Good luck with your rehab/recovery on that. Injuries are a bitch!

#36     Mar 26, 2014
  7. Well, I guess my usage of "very heavy" is all relative. It just depends on the person. I broke my L5 when I was 17 but prior to that my last set was usually 405 with 50lbs in chains for progressive resistance. I was 185lbs and 6'4" so a little more than double my weight. Nothing crazy to begin with, but now I never go over 225 on deadlift. I need to get back to it, but I'm always worried about reinjuring my back. Last year I finally got my lower back in solid shape and was doing a lot more, until I fell while bouldering. The person "spotting" me hadn't moved the pad. I landed on a rock on my lower back. Not the best luck with my back lol.

#37     Mar 26, 2014

8. FCX injured his T5. I jumped out a 3rd story window and shattered my ankle on impact. It was reconstructed by a top ortho, but I cannot go more than 400 on squat. I am 245 at 12% or so.

#38     Mar 26, 2014
  9. eurusdzn

eurusdzn

Just throw this out there that hard physical labor may not be different from
    years of squats and deadlifts. Changes in tour 50's can come fast and you wont
    Be sleeping well never mind sqatting and dl's.
    Sorry to be a debbie downer. I just wasnt built for it i guess. Too tall.

#39     Mar 26, 2014
  10. Boss302

Boss302

Great thread dp - that's an amazing setup you have for a home gym. You obviously know your stuff. I started out training wanting to be a power lifter but my friends talked me into entering a bodybuilding contest since I was naturally cut. Did very well and entered four more after that. I still train and wanted to know more about your supplement list. I take a few of the ones you listed but was curious if you could elaborate or tell which ones are must haves - I'm a few years older than you.

#40     Mar 26, 2014