Olympic lifters/Crossfit workout and diet thread

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by drownpruf, Mar 20, 2014.

1. Yea, the first run of SD(Mdrol) was amazing to put it lightly. I ran it at 10,20,20,10,30.
    The weird dosage on week 4 was because I was on vacation and not working out. Seemed like a good way to do it lol. I dropped to <6% Bf by week 4 I had veins in my abs and everywhere where I got so ripped. Strength was insane to say the least. I felt like I could lift anything in the gym and I sure did my best to make it happen.

2nd round- decent gains but bad sides and terrible tendinitis. Also I had forearm splints. Talk about sucky. I think it was poor quality stuff though is why the gains weren't as good with more sides. Haven't taken it since.

I've just done simple stuff mainly, test, eq, dbol, deca. I took Anadrol once, talk about weight gain. I did a pound a day for probably 2 full weeks. The headaches were bad though and it made my BP so high I could hear every pump of my heart in my ear at times. Drove me nuts so I stopped once I figured out what it was.

#21     Mar 22, 2014
  2. .

Ain't it the truth. Did 4:34-38 6 times my senior year in high school, now I can't run more than 3 days w/o my calves seizing. Previously untreated ankle sprains have been the bane of my athletic aspirations...

#22     Mar 22, 2014
  3. Does this seem like a good idea for scheduling?: work one set of muscles on odd days, all the rest on even days and take a day off once a week. It seems like I'd be able to keep up the momentum if I did that, not have any excuse to not get a workout in sometime during the day.

#23     Mar 22, 2014
  4. TBH that would not work to gain mass. It would be ok if you were at a maintenance level. I do not do a traditional 4-split as the only isolation exercise I do is bicep curls, so I wouldn't be the guy to recommend a split for isolation exercises.

I integrate Oly movements on my DL days and on technique/cardio days for metcon. I do DL, pull-ups, rack pulls, C&J and snatch. I always take three days of rest after my back days as they are most strenuous.

I do bench, dips and curls after DL/back day.

I do squats after bench day. I also do thrusters and work on snatch technique. My C&J form is very good (I am told), but you are never done improving your snatch technique.

I don't run at all. I shattered my ankle when I was 24yo. Most of my cardio is 2x10 minute thruster sessions over an hour on off days. So Mon morning for back, Thurs night for bench (goes quick, one hour), and Sun night or Mon morning for squats. So essentially a 3-split over eight days.

#24     Mar 22, 2014
  5. Thanks for bringing a know-nothing like me along! Being in shape is the best thing for me, if I'm physically down I'm emotionally down. Four years ago I was walking 25 miles a week, now forget it, I doubt I do 5...

I need some really simple schedule. Grouping all the exercises into three and can rotate them one set per day. That should work as long as I can recall what set I did yesterday... Simplicity over perfection for me, I don't want a perfect plan for tomorrow to ruin a good plan for today.. If I can get to where I rarely miss a workout and don't have injuries it will be the first time in my life.

#25     Mar 23, 2014
  6. #26     Mar 23, 2014
  7. Use a cheap notebook to record what you do each day maybe. It is a good way to track your performance and also a good way to tell what is working and what isn't after a little time.

Here are some good motivational videos by the way:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4vBoGTmbjg (Jaret Grossman)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbZnCGyPneo (How bad do you want it)

#27     Mar 24, 2014
  8. Sure.. good enough. Now your heart rate is up and your whole body starts to be prepared. Depending on your workout you can now start with the specific warmup for that workout. :)

Find a few other routines so that you can switch between them during the week. Doing the same thing over and over will quickly become boring.

#28     Mar 24, 2014
  9. As this is an "Olympic lifting/Crossfit" thread, then you can make your life easy and simply follow every day the workouts on Crossfit.com at home or do it with others at a box (gym).

Your best schedule/plan depends on:
    1. What your goals are. Do you just want to generally become fit? Run a marathon? Become stronger? Have bigger muscles? A six-pack? etc.
    2. What kind of equipment you have available
    3. How much time you are willing and able to invest

#29     Mar 24, 2014
  10. Supplementation. Not related to resistance training; simply stuff I take daily and have for years. Largely Krebs/CA-cycle stuff as well as telomeric-action (base-pairs):

CoQ10 (1200mg)
    Idebenone (300mg)
    Acetyl L Carnitine (1000mg)
    ALA (600mg)
    EPA (3000mg)
    Resveratrol (1000mg)
    Pterostilbene (100mg)
    MK-7 (180mcg)
    Aspirin
    Astragalus (TA-50) (varies)
    Keto-DHEA (200mg)
    DHEA (100mg)
    SAM-e (400mcg)
    multivitamin
    D3
    rhGH (3IU)
    IGF-1 (transient)

Yes, I take each daily (save for IGF). I'll add my w/o supps later.

#30     Mar 25, 2014