Olympic effect ?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Kicking, Jul 6, 2005.

1. London winning Olympic bid
    Is that why FTSE is going vertical since last week ?! ESTX 50 dropping 4 points on the vote. I really fail to see why people are making decisions in the market because of this . It's in 2012! I can't see how this is going to affect the economy in the next 2-3 years. That's ridiculous.

2. terra firma wont be around by then.

3. simp1

simp1

Locals trade!!

4. FredBloggs

FredBloggs Guest

its a joke anyway.

london has to build a brand new rail, underground and road infrastructure for the whole city before it can sustain the olympics.

5. I've got a feeling it could be good for London real estate close to the arenas. Should be able to let them out for a fortune during those two weeks. Probable going rate would be 1-2 years of "normal" rent for those two weeks, if the place has top-notch facilities and is in an ok area.

(I lived 300 m from the Lillehammer Olympic slalom course back in 1994 so I've seen what happens first hand, although in a smaller setting).

6. olympics does wonders for real estate of the particular city. aint it funny how soros has accumulated a lot of london real estate for the past year.

7. Quiet1

Quiet1

no the ftse's been going vertical mainly beacause the market has built in 2 interest rate cuts by yearend and the pound has fallen bigtime...both v positive for market...

olympics in london is great - finally the greatest city in the world gets the games!

:D
    Q1