Ollie Velez Party NYC-- Free Drinks/Food

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by marketsurfer, Dec 12, 2008.

1. Say it ain't so. You want to be a hope peddler? Aren't there laws?

#21     Dec 22, 2008
  2. Have you not seen this thread?:

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=144154

It is on ET's least-read list. But I am establishing an "I-told-you-so" track record for future guru-dom. If it fails, I'll just activate a new alias. Gotta be right eventually. And Jack won't live forever, so ET someday will be seeking a new old fraud to follow.

#22     Dec 22, 2008
  3. Your strategy is flawed. You will note that, with one exception, you are the only poster in your thread. It is essential that your aliases fawn over your posts until you get some third party momentum going. Also, your observations come across as subdued. People who are easily parted with their money are more drawn to cartoon characters who make ridiculous claims. Surely ET has taught you at least that much.

#23     Dec 22, 2008
  4. Are you saying that sheer incredibility and absurdity count for nothing inherently? That I have to SELL those qualities aggressively?

#24     Dec 22, 2008
  5. I haven't actually assessed the content of your posts in that other thread. Rather, I merely noted a distinct absence of hype, hyperbole and self-aggrandizement in those posts by conventional ET standards. Imagine that outrageous self-promotion were measured in decibals. Over time, gullible ETers (the type you need to attract to make a living) have become hearing impaired. Therefore, unless you're "screaming," so to speak, they can't even hear you. To even enter their field of consciousness, your cartoon has to be bigger and much more colorful than the other guys' cartoons. It is also essential to degrade anyone who disagrees with you. Unless you degrade your target audience, how are they to believe you are better than they are? Clearly you haven't put enough thought into this matter.

If only Hypo were here, he'd be able to explain it far better than I can. Do be sure to say hello if you should bump into him.

#25     Dec 22, 2008
  6. Thank you for your kind advice. It would seem that my years of studying Jack may yet prove valuable. To make it easy for you, I relooked at the 14 picks and posted the results. Since no one reading there is reading here, I can confide in you that I bought none of them. Why? Because I bought better ones, haha! Like VZ and PFE, which I recommend lowly.

#26     Dec 22, 2008
  7. Something I heard through the grapevine back when Charlie V. teamed up with Ollie. He was saying how seminars is much much better money than the trading gig of collecting overrides.

Many suckers out there. I just don't have the lack of heart to be such a sleazebag. That strange thing called honor, ugh.

#27     Dec 24, 2008
  8. Sushi

Sushi

When the party? Looking for free food drink in new York. Hopefully you don't need to sit thru some kinds timeshare pitch for the free food drink?

#28     Dec 27, 2008