Olive Garden pulls Letterman ads

Discussion in 'Politics' started by drjekyllus, Jun 18, 2009.

1. You are the one trying to be the speech police. You are the one trying to shut people up. If someone wants to call Letterman out for being a knucklehead why should they be prevented. You have freedom of speech to say things and others are allowed to comment on the things you say. I thought that was supposed to be how it worked.

#21     Jun 18, 2009

2. touche'

i agree letterman shouldn't be fired as a result of this...

it's just a good opportunity to expose these people as the vicious, vile people they are

:)

#22     Jun 18, 2009
  3. BSAM

BSAM

(Rolls eyes while lol.) Sleep well child.

#23     Jun 18, 2009

4. question:

if you were a popular figure, after years of attacks, a major media figure, ... (shit the face of CBS, besides katie couric) ... made such a joke about your 14 year old, what would your reaction be?

it's funny how this episode has exposed all the indecent cockroaches , except they aren't scurrying ... their dancing in that bright light

keep it up :p

#24     Jun 18, 2009
  5. I just want to point out the unintentional irony of you calling Palin an intellectual lightweight.

#25     Jun 18, 2009
  6. Goldwater wasn't right wing? Religion aside, he was pretty conservative.

#26     Jun 18, 2009
  7. You and 'I'd suck W's boner' jfcquete are probably the two least intelligent posters in P&R.

That's objectively true.

#27     Jun 18, 2009
  8. Goldwater was a self-deprecating jew, who literally would have been spat upon by (especially upper class) western europeans just a couple decades prior.

#28     Jun 18, 2009
  9. Are you going to start calling me a bitch like you do Palin? That really is the mark of an intellectual giant.

#29     Jun 18, 2009
  10. I called her a 'stupid bitch.' The adjectives are complementary in that context.

I don't know you well enough to know if you're a bitch or not, but I wouldn't rule the possibility out.

I do know that you make some stupid comments on a regular basis. You blindly defend Bush II, like jfuckette, EVERY time a criticism arises. That'd be as bad as me had I not criticized Letterman for a tasteless joke.

But only you and a select few others are true dogmatic loyalists, unwilling to criticize Dubya for ANYTHING. You guys are a dying breed. Congrats.

#30     Jun 18, 2009