Oldest dinosaur nest site found

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, Apr 20, 2012.

1. byteme

byteme

Your first sentence is both disingenous and demonstrates you lack an even rudimentary understanding of statistics.

Your second sentence seems to imply that traders as a population are significantly different to the general population on this topic. I see no evidence for that but it might be interesting to find out.

#21     Apr 22, 2012
  2. Gotta admit piel, the Ankor Wat piece of that clip was compelling.

#22     Apr 22, 2012
  3. Now, if Art Bell were still broadcasting, he would have spent a week on this at least. This is evidence that our planet could have been seeded by a superior group of humanoids.

What say ye?

You might be too young to know who Art Bell was, Google him.

#23     Apr 22, 2012
  4. I don't know about anyone else but I never seen a picture of a dinosaur with genitals, maybe that's why they're extinct.

#24     Apr 22, 2012
  5. While I'm sure the weight of my logic seems to be overwhelming and "many" to you, I can assure you I don't believe the earth's age is merely 6,000 revolutions around the sun.

#25     Apr 22, 2012
  6. Yeah, didn't know Art Bell. Interesting fellow and interesting discussions from the sound of it.

Seeded? It's possible, but in my opinion highly unlikely.

First of all, it was not needed to start life. Conditions on early earth were good enough.

Second is the simple question of why an advanced race would do so and given the obstacle of interstellar distances it would make gardening young earth an expensive proposition. And the best they could do is seed it with a bunch of very basic proto-life varieties and then let them sort themselves out and evolve on there own. The ultimate decider of which species arise and survive still has to be earth itself.

I think it more likely that some germs may have been splashed over to earth from mars. But again, conditions on early earth were probably at least as amenable to life creation as early mars was.

You want to believe we are the product of little green men from Neepzorb don't you? :)

#26     Apr 22, 2012
  7. "As for dinosaurs roaming with man...there is plenty of evidence. Ankor wat in cambodia has an 800 year old stone carving of a stegosaurus. "

There is similar evidence for dragons having been real.

One possibility:

Mankind has created all types of fanciful images and purely by the huge number of such, some will look like aliens, some will look like Gods, some will look like half man and half horse and some will look like dinosaurs.

Another possibility is that men have been finding fossils ever since they started digging in the ground and exploring new lands. Imagine a Bronze Age sheep herder finding a stegosaurus fossil sticking out of some hill. What kind of myths might that start?

Another possibility is virtually all modern science is wrong and dinosaurs did walk with Homo Sapiens. :eek:

#27     Apr 22, 2012
  8. Ah ha! Proof that even God can make a mistake. Or maaayybe the Devil did it. He's so cruel that he made them eunuchs.

#28     Apr 22, 2012
  9. rew

rew

You've never seen a snake, lizard, turtle, or bird with external genitals either. (See the first response on http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090110001148AAcqXFP)

Yet all these critters manage to reproduce.

#29     Apr 22, 2012
  10. rew

rew

So far as I can tell, peilthetraveler is the only bona fide young earther here on ET. Still far from "many".

#30     Apr 22, 2012