Older Matrox G400 dual head card

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by listedguru, Mar 5, 2004.

1. Quick question for the computer folks here...

I am using a Matrox G400 - dual head (about 3 1/2 years old) to power two 15" LCD's. If I were to replace one of the screens with a bigger monitor (maybe a CRT) would this card let me does this?

Basically wondering if I can use 2 different size monitors with this dual head car as each monitor will have different resolutions, etc....

-Guru

2. Yes you can use different size monitors.

3. opm8

opm8

listedguru,

Once both monitors are connected you'll be able to change display resolutions in either one. They can have different resolutions without a problem.

Right click on your desktop, choose properties, then the "settings" tab. You'll see both monitors, click one and change the settings to whatever you like.

--opm8

4. ragic

ragic

I'm also using this card...

My question.. is it possible to use the original socket coming off the motherboard for a 3rd monitor. If yes, it it much hassle setting it up.

many thanks..

5. ler

ler

Yes, but only if you install the Matrox driver the right way. During installation it will ask if you want to be able to have independent resolutions/color-depths on each monitor. Answering "no" will lock you out of this capability. The only way I have found to resolve this is by removing/reinstalling the driver.