Older I get, Less I understand... why is market up when Moore lost, rates likely going higher?

Discussion in 'ETFs' started by iceman1, Dec 13, 2017.

1. sle

sle

Well, have you done anything to change the world for the better?

#71     Dec 17, 2017
    murray t turtle likes this.
  2. yiehom

yiehom

The guy looks horrible, on TV and elsewhere

#72     Dec 17, 2017
  3. SunTrader

SunTrader

What? An orange skin, fake hairline, sausage fingered, overweight, old man looks horrible?

Guess you got a point. But he does wear expensive suits paid from the lawsuits his lawyers won for him. "What a guy" :D

#73     Dec 17, 2017
  4. Ah, my "pivot" comment?

What I mean by pivot is when we moved from a bullish market into a bubble. The post WWI bull began accelerating in 1924 (Coolidge re-election); post 1987 accelerating in 1994 (Republican revolution); and looks pretty damn similar in 2016.

Markets love governments that don't or can't get anything done.

It's less a prediction than observation that had you gotten on board with Greenspan when he called it irrational exuberance, you sat out so much of the bubble that the eventual loses you avoided were less than the early gains. And had you shorted....well... That was a little more than two years after the Republican revolution.

#74     Dec 17, 2017
  5. Good thing about markets, B trader,- as DOW theory notes= markets are bigger than anyone, gov, even the FED.......Also i made a slight error which doesnt change my points much.Thanks. The 1970 chart was E-mini 1970-1982, 40 period moving average-which caught 1973-1974 bear ok; but missed much of 1980/+ bear move + bear market[S&P 500/SPY differ some from Emini S&P 500,LOL, my mistake] And that e mini chart was in futuresmag.com/stocks APR,2013, later bought by MODERN TRADER magazine:D:caution::cool::cool::caution:.....]

#75     Dec 18, 2017
  6. Very true. But being bigger than does not mean it doesn't react to something smaller. Arguably, in fact, it's over reacting to something smaller that leads to bubbles. ;)

But point stands...ride the trend!

#76     Dec 18, 2017