Old Tony Oz Scans?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Jeffo, Mar 22, 2002.

1. Jeffo

Jeffo

There used to be some BigEasy scans here:
    http://www.stockjunkie.com/bescans.htm
    Does anyone still have these or have these been coded for TC2000 (which is what I want to do)? Thanks.
    Jeff

2. TonyOz

TonyOz

The screens for Big easy can be found here:

Tony Oz 3 Days Consolidationfirstitem="three_compression_days" oper="eq" secitem="Yes" |firstitem="vol_ave3" oper="gte" secitem="300000" |firstitem="vol_ave2" oper="gt" secitem="400000" |firstitem="close" oper="gt" secitem="10" |firstitem="exchange" oper="eq" secitem="NASDAQ" |

Tony Oz 3 Days Higher NYSEfirstitem="three_higher_days" oper="eq" secitem="Yes" | firstitem="vol_ave2" oper="gt" secitem="250000" | firstitem="close" oper="gt" secitem="10" | firstitem="exchange" oper="eq" secitem="NYSE" | firstitem="vol" oper="gt" secitem="225000" | firstitem="hl" oper="gt" secitem="0.79" |

Tony Oz 3 Days Higherfirstitem="three_higher_days" oper="eq" secitem="Yes" | firstitem="vol_ave2" oper="gt" secitem="250000" | firstitem="close" oper="gt" secitem="10" | firstitem="exchange" oper="eq" secitem="NASDAQ" | firstitem="vol" oper="gt" secitem="225000" | firstitem="hl" oper="gt" secitem="0.79" |

Tony Oz 3 Days Lower NYSEfirstitem="three_lower_days" oper="eq" secitem="Yes" | firstitem="vol_ave2" oper="gt" secitem="250000" | firstitem="close" oper="gt" secitem="12" | firstitem="exchange" oper="eq" secitem="NYSE" | firstitem="hl" oper="gt" secitem="0.79" | firstitem="vol" oper="gt" secitem="225000" |

Tony Oz 3 Days Lowerfirstitem="three_lower_days" oper="eq" secitem="Yes" | firstitem="vol_ave2" oper="gt" secitem="250000" | firstitem="close" oper="gt" secitem="12" | firstitem="exchange" oper="eq" secitem="NASDAQ" | firstitem="hl" oper="gt" secitem="0.79" | firstitem="vol" oper="gt" secitem="225000" |

Tony Oz 52-Week Highfirstitem="vol" oper="gt" secitem="250000" |firstitem="exchange" oper="eq" secitem="NASDAQ" |firstitem="close" oper="gt" secitem="20" |firstitem="vol" oper="gt" perof="125" secitem="vol_ave2" |firstitem="high" oper="eq" secitem="52wh" |firstitem="open" oper="lt" perof="110" secitem="pr1day" |firstitem="rsi" oper="gte" secitem="50" |firstitem="rsi" oper="lte" secitem="87" |firstitem="pch1_abs" oper="gte" secitem="0.625" |

Tony Oz 52-Week Lowfirstitem="vol" oper="gt" secitem="250000" |firstitem="exchange" oper="eq" secitem="NASDAQ" |firstitem="close" oper="gt" secitem="8" |firstitem="vol" oper="gt" perof="125" secitem="vol_ave2" |firstitem="low" oper="lte" secitem="52wl" |firstitem="open" oper="gt" perof="90" secitem="pr1day" |firstitem="rsi" oper="gte" secitem="15" |firstitem="rsi" oper="lte" secitem="60" |

Tony Oz Basic Volume Scan Longfirstitem="vol" oper="gt" secitem="500000" |firstitem="exchange" oper="eq" secitem="NASDAQ" |firstitem="close" oper="gt" secitem="10" |firstitem="vol" oper="gt" perof="150" secitem="vol_ave2" |firstitem="pch1_abs" oper="gte" secitem="0.625" |

Tony Oz Basic Volume Scan Shortfirstitem="vol" oper="gt" secitem="500000" |firstitem="exchange" oper="eq" secitem="NASDAQ" |firstitem="close" oper="gt" secitem="10" |firstitem="vol" oper="gt" perof="150" secitem="vol_ave2" |firstitem="pch1_abs" oper="lte" secitem="-0.625" |

Tony Oz Long Swing 1firstitem="vol_ave2" oper="gt" secitem="250000" |firstitem="exchange" oper="eq" secitem="NASDAQ" |firstitem="close" oper="gt" secitem="10" |firstitem="vol" oper="gt" perof="150" secitem="vol_ave2" |firstitem="pch1_abs" oper="gt" secitem="0.625" |firstitem="close_from_Low" oper="gt" perof="82" secitem="day_range" |firstitem="open" oper="lt" perof="107" secitem="pr1day" |firstitem="rsi" oper="lt" secitem="90" |

Tony Oz Long Swing 2firstitem="vol_ave2" oper="gt" secitem="450000" |firstitem="exchange" oper="eq" secitem="NASDAQ" |firstitem="close" oper="gt" secitem="10" |firstitem="vol" oper="gt" perof="150" secitem="vol_ave2" |firstitem="pch1_abs" oper="gt" secitem="0.625" |firstitem="close_from_Low" oper="gt" perof="90" secitem="day_range" |firstitem="open" oper="lt" perof="107" secitem="pr1day" |firstitem="rsi" oper="lt" secitem="90" |

Tony Oz Power Screenfirstitem="vol_ave2" oper="gt" secitem="350000" |firstitem="exchange" oper="eq" secitem="NASDAQ" |firstitem="close" oper="gt" secitem="20" |firstitem="vol" oper="gt" perof="150" secitem="vol_ave2" |firstitem="pch1_abs" oper="gt" secitem="0.625" |firstitem="close_from_Low" oper="gt" perof="89" secitem="day_range" |firstitem="open" oper="lt" perof="105" secitem="pr1day" |firstitem="rsi" oper="lt" secitem="85" |

The problem is that when they rleased a new version, these would not upload/install anymore. Since I do not have that service anymore, I cannot recreate them. I don't have TC 2000 either.

I use RealTick for the scans now. I hope this helps,

Tony

3. From the man himself, Jeffo! It's all here on Elitetrader :)

4. Jeffo

Jeffo

Hey thanks! Do you have these in the regular language too? Like Volume
    2x 50 day average, price up 3 days etc. I can't quite figure out what each item is in the BigEasy language.

5. If anyone figures out how to get these scans to work with BigEasy or any other format or scanner, i would greatly appreciate a post here.

ps i will feel very grateful and generous to anyone who is so kind ...see my pic ;-)

Katrina

6. TonyOz

TonyOz

Copy and paste into notepad and save file as *.scr

Then import it to Big easy.

You may need the older version for it or contact them for customer support.

Tony

7. Mishka

Mishka

how about it in EasyLanguage for TradeStation 2000i ?

Mike

8. Tony Mase

Tony Mase

Tony,

Thank you for sharing these scan formulas with us.

1. In your 3 Days Consolidation Screen, there is "vol_ave2" and ""vol_ave3". I'm pretty sure that "vol_ave2" is Average Volume 1 Month. Would "vol_ave3" be Average Volume 2 Days or Average Volume 6 months (the only other 2 average volume choices left in BigEasy)?

2. In your 3 Days Higher and Lower Scans, the last item is listed as "hl" (hl is greater than or equal to 0.79). What is "hl"?

With the exception of these 2 items, I think I have figured out most of your older scans for the new version of BigEasy. I will gladly post them here when they are complete.

Thank you again!

Tony

9. TonyOz

TonyOz

I'm really not sure what those fields are. I originally created those scans at the request of my students, but I always used real-time scans, so it was a one time thing for me with that program, and I have no recollection of the fields. It could be either 2-day or 6 months. I don't remember. I have no idea what the hl >=0.79 means. Been banging my head against the wall on that one :)

Try to contact Alan, Chad or Michael at BE. I think they will be able to tell you exactly what those fields are.

Tony

10. Tony Mase

Tony Mase

Tony,

Is there any chance that hl is the average daily range of the stock?

I ask because I e-mailed you sometime back in reference to your books asking you about the minimum point range you looked for in stocks for your Constant Watch List. You replied with a number that was in that ballpark plus or minus a few cents.

I will try to get in contact with one of the people you suggested at BigEasy.

Thank you!

Tony

#10     Mar 25, 2002