Old tale TWS freak when markets move.

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by NoMoreOptions, Apr 2, 2004.

1. Many many times. Cannot take profit, stop loss, not quotes or even wrong quotes. All settings and data are gone. Cannot do nothing.

2. Cannot believe ET'ers keep this quiet all this time. Patience is running out.

3. Htrader

Htrader Guest

What are you talking about? TWS was just fine for me all morning, made alot of good trades.

4. I had no problems. What kind of connection/computer do you have?

5. i was flat but my `tws FROZE at 9:24 am.. everything else running perrfect. so obviously something is wrong... i love IB BUT one day the love affair may be over... by the way... this is why i will not trade without bracket orders.NO EXCEPTIONSZ!!!!!

6. My TWS was just perfect, while quote.com as always was a laggard.
    I think there has been a lot of suggestions about configuration/page files (.ly files?) causing problems. Perhaps you have to look into that, allthough one can never rule out problems rising from different customer subscriptions of data and quotes.
    Just my €0.02 ...
    :)

7. There are always jerks running around to reply to a report of IB problems. "Nah, it aint' happen to me". "Myins perfect". "Whadya talking about". Like woman. Who said everyone will have the same problem? It is just not the nature of the computer problems. Especially there are so many versions of server and client and concurrency out there. Shut up and let's face the problem. The problem is that some if not many of your customers ain't happy.

8. Here's a scan of NMO's state-of-the-art system. It can derive the BS model on a European put is 3 minutes!

Running TWS ver.00000001

riskarb

9. :eek: .........................:D

#10     Apr 2, 2004