Old Possum's Book of Practical Charts

Discussion in 'Journals' started by John Merchant, Dec 27, 2004.

1. How to chart a life? Measure its profits? Its losses? I think it is by the challenges taken on, the difficult trades made, win or lose. In the end, no matter how much you have managed to document, most of what you know is lost. Much that is great cannot be explicit, it must be tacit. Only a very dedicated spirit would wish to return. I am not so very far away myself. I choose oblivion. Once around was almost too much to bear.

#41     Jan 6, 2005
  2. Hey, Merchant. Thank you for your calm reflection. My story was of the Tower of Babel in the Old Testament. The New Testament also mentions the falling of a tower. The lesson to be learned is not to be caught 'unawares' by death. Make preparation for it. Spiritually. My life is what it is, mostly intensely private. There is some stress. Today was particularly stressful. I needed to have someone to commiserate with about it. I tend to be overly chatty, sometimes. I am recovering nicely from just my first chemo in this cycle and am in much better condition healthwise. I wonder if I will even need more treatments in this cycle? So, I'm cheerful and happy about that outcome. I'm dependent on pain killers, now. But, I want to return to gym workouts ASAP. This will help overcome the dependence. To be honest, I don't know how you can continue to stay in character, all the time. Thanks again for letting me lean on you. I need someone to figure me out from time to time. I'll just stand a little distance away and admire your talent both at the trading screen and with your characterizations. What you have is a rare commodity by my measures.

#42     Jan 6, 2005
  3. Trading good death practice. Merchant die little every day. Get even on ET. Try kill stupidity each day. But Merchant die before ET smart. Fear not death if not want live. Camus write: "There is only one truly serious philosophical question, and that is suicide."

#43     Jan 7, 2005
  4. Why is excite ment for UN employ ment to day? Res Publican will wise up. Re port EMPLOY MENT. Is 95%? Is 94.5%? Half % of 95%? Who care? Is great! All most every body work!

#44     Jan 7, 2005
  5. Attach snippet NQ to day. Morning what Jack call HVS. You got fast tool like Merchant? You can trade! But see VooDoo 7:21 PT (10:21 ET). Remember, Merchant chart in PT because he live in CT. All say. I quit! Phuket! Here what Merchant do:

short 7:23:38 1569.0
    cover 7:28:12 1564.0

Why Merchant no post executcheon report? Because not want you see trade in HVS! Merchant not stupid! Be big ghourou some day! But only if show good trade only.

• nq.jpg
      File size:
      27.1 KB
      Views:
    #45     Jan 7, 2005
  6. That all Merchant have say about morning.

#46     Jan 7, 2005
  7. Some one smarter Merchant ex plain Merchant why oil go up and NQ follow? High price oil now good? Increase PPI? Increase rate? Business fail? People lay off? Rate go down? Market go up?

#47     Jan 7, 2005
  8. Merchant discover new pattern 10:07 PT. You like? Turn cup upside down, money flow out! Merchant make 6 NQ tick on.

#48     Jan 7, 2005
  9. You think broker have big order?

#49     Jan 7, 2005
  10. Sure make market move prove Merchant wrong. Market love Vee-Wop past two hour. Mean many want Vee-Wop price? You think mean big move Monday? Market ignore oil all day. Some thing is a foot. Merchant think big down day Monday. Un usual have three narrow day after two wide day. Merchant right, you make Merchant you ghou rhou? Merchant wrong, delete post fast!

#50     Jan 7, 2005