Old Possum's Book of Practical Charts

Discussion in 'Journals' started by John Merchant, Dec 27, 2004.

1. I curious why, with the confidence you have in this setup, you dont up the ante? I realize you cant do too much without upsetting the applecart but I would think 5 or 10 contracts would not move the market would it?

#301     Aug 3, 2005
  2. Oh, Easy, if you look carefully at the timing, you will see that it was a shit-luck trade. I punched T on the first negative response of QM to the reserves news, and had to sweat out protracted adverse moves in both QM and NQ to my long. So my braggadocio is hollow. It was almost a matter of random entry and money management. I don't take these trades anymore at mid-day because I have a new rule prohibiting entry when alpha-filtered NQ volume is below 400 cars/minute. As to my gutless use of only one car in trading, I could trade a hundred if I wanted to, but I am still learning. And besides, today's $50 bought my daily two bottles of White Star plus tax at Sam's. "Will trade for booze." Have a great day! Mike.

#302     Aug 3, 2005
  3. #303     Aug 11, 2005
  4. My oh my! I haven't traded in a loooong time! Does the old man still have it? Do you see a trade at 6:38 PT in this chart? Do you suppose Jack did?

#304     Dec 28, 2005
  5. Here's the trade. Hahahahaha!

#305     Dec 28, 2005