Old edges

Discussion in 'Trading' started by cyoungmark, Sep 29, 2011.

1. What is with the edges in fundamental stocktrading, to buy 2 weeks before a stock split of 1 : 3 or better, does it still work ?

and whats with window dressing ? i ve read somewhere it would push up price, too.

#41     Sep 30, 2011
  2. cool, that must ve been great times....:p

#42     Sep 30, 2011
  3. MKTrader

MKTrader

Looking at the charts won't tell you anything. Sure, there have been some big trends, but what is the overall profitabilty of the Turtles on a basket of trading instruments using the original rules?

I know it started to fail in the early 90s and don't think it has performed consistently since. If you have hard data showing otherwise, I'd be interested in seeing it.

From what I've heard, the original Turtles who remained successful either modified some rules or designed completely different trend-following systems

#43     Sep 30, 2011
  4. HAHAHAHA, you are realy funny.
    i just made big money, just finished and i am feeling very happy now.
    HAHAHAHA, the fucking charts tell me everything i need to know, boy...:D :D :D

#44     Sep 30, 2011
  5. What i ve heard about the turtles was, that they were only so successfull bcuz of their mentor, was watching them all the time, he was the one who created this strategies in the first line and had the idea to teach people from the street and offer that in the financial times....

After his boys, had to trade on their own, a lot of them failed and just lost, they just lost......

not all, but the most....

its the experience of the creator of the strategy what keeps the success of it alive.....

:p

#45     Sep 30, 2011
  6. BTW, i dont think they published every detail of the strategy in the books, they missed some very important infos, what would made a big difference - thats how strategies work, little differences make big results....

#46     Sep 30, 2011
  7. i hear following cramer works well

#47     Sep 30, 2011
  8. MKTrader

MKTrader

Read what I said in context. I said you can't evaluate the Turtle strategy based on looking at the charts. If you got lucky in your $500 ETrade account this morning, that's immaterial.

Do you have data on the actual Turtle results since the early 1990s? If not, don't make any claims to their success or lack thereof.

#48     Sep 30, 2011
  9. HAHAHAHA, still very funny, man.:p

500$ is my toilet paper....hahahahaha...
    --------------------------
    no i have no statistics of the turtles strategies, bcuz how i said in an earlier post i have not focused on that bullshit.

But i have seen it working all the time, so you could say, after the charts are written, it would have worked, but in reality it wont have, bcuz how i said it would be too easy.

I am just telling you what i see. I dont need to build now an statistic for that. what a joke ? Do it for yourself if you want.

have a nice day
    :)

#49     Sep 30, 2011
  10. and yes, MKTrader, i share your opinion, that they do not work, the maybe only one who realy knows how they work is the creator, i dont know his name, and i am too lazy to look in the book.

I just say, if you look historically in the charts, you could say "hey the fucking ninja turtles are still playing around".

Know now what i meant ?

PEACE, brother...:cool:

#50     Sep 30, 2011