Okay I'm going take start programming for strategy trading

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by ChrisMMM, Jan 31, 2007.

1. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

I mean there probably good for big floor trading but for the little electronic retail guy we probably get eaten up in there volume.

Yes I am one of these little retail guys

Anyway I contacted RJ and yeh there fairly pushy sales people always wanting contact details and I looked at there MCD platform which isnt really very flash.

As far as I know, RJO MCD for pit contracts was not automatisable the last time I asked.

And there commissions are a little cheaper than farr but are still up there $35 round trip 2 dow mini including fees.
    So you use TS for futures?

Mini Dow round trip = 4.2 $ with TS

It says on there form they dont use TS for futures they use RJ's MCD?
    Can you confirm im sick of getting screwed by these guys.

rjo mcd is for floor trading ( not automated ). Any other electronic contract is with TS.I don't understand.

#31     Feb 7, 2007
  2. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

Sorry, I didn't see your initial question.

MCD is for pit trading( if you're still trading at the pit , consider moving to electronic contracts, easier , lower costs... )

TS is for electronic futures contracts, stocks, options and perhaps forex now ( ? ). You can automate what you want as soon as it is not high frequency.

#32     Feb 7, 2007
  3. Im not sold on any hype im just trying to find the best broker which IMO is NOT Interactive Brokers.
    Yet it seems no one here can recommend without perhaps some vested interest a decent direct access broker.

Tradator on the TS page it states,

Trades not placed through the trade station platform,

Electronically traded futures options
    Pit traded us futures and futures options
    Electronically traded futures
    International futures
    All placed through RJO's MCD platform.

Is the ecbot dow emini NOT an electronically traded future?:confused:

#33     Feb 7, 2007
  4. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

I think we made a synchro-post...

Quote from angryangry:

Electronically traded futures options"

i'm not sure but you've to create an equities account to trade options

Pit traded us futures and futures options

RJO MCD

Electronically traded futures

TS

International futures

Not available yet. Soon. The feed is available for eurex futures

All placed through RJO's MCD platform.

not at all. The main auto platform is TS for most contracts you want to trade

Is the ecbot dow emini NOT an electronically traded future?

of course, FREE feed for YM on TS

:confused:

#34     Feb 7, 2007
  5. #35     Feb 7, 2007
  6. http://www.ampfutures.com/ninja_trader.html#autotrading

They give it to you for $50 a month how much is it to get from ninjatrader themselves?

#36     Feb 7, 2007
  7. Apache

Apache

For some reason you can't get NinjaTrader itself from the guy who made it. I've tried. I have no idea why you can't buy it.

#37     Feb 7, 2007
  8. Hrrrmmm because he doesnt sell it direct I assume only to resellers.
    I just checked it out on a demo it seems it has automated trading why the heck do we need TS then :confused:

#38     Feb 7, 2007
  9. Well I still cant find a decent broker.
    It wouldnt seem there is any. Tradestation has wasted a week of my time trying to open an account making me print the forms and fill them out with pen and having them picked up via fedex?
    Only to tell me they want a copy of my passport?
    Ive had about 12 accounts with brokers in the usa over 3 years and never needed a copy of a passport.Drivers licence credit card bank statement etc has always been enough to satisfy the patriot act.Ive never had to manually fill out the forms with pen and have them picked up?
    Somethings not right with tradestation.
    They clear through RJObrien of which I can open an account with drivers licence credit card bank statement etc and can scan and email the forms.
    If there customer service is this poor simply opening an account then ive probably saved my money not trading with them.

#39     Feb 13, 2007
  10. RJO wants a passport - heh it shows you that it never hurts to ask for something - but only losers would provide it

#40     Feb 20, 2007