Okay I'm going take start programming for strategy trading

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by ChrisMMM, Jan 31, 2007.

1. Bowgett

Bowgett

Go with IB. They have an API you can use for programming.

#21     Feb 7, 2007
  2. Interactive Brokers ive tried them and dont like them I dont like tinny crappy web based software.
    Also trade station is just an IB for RJObrien which is one of the oldest brokers in the usa.Been around since 1914 or something.
    The reason trade station become an IB for them is simply to offer there clients who lease the software from them a broker.
    And of course because they are an IB they make money from your trades through RJObrien which gets you the software free.
    Why would they be rated such a good broker and platform by many agencies around the globe if they were crap?
    Interactive brokers definitely gets my thumbs down.

So if I wanted to trade first class who would I use?

#22     Feb 7, 2007
  3. Interactive Brokers is one of the biggest fish in the daytrading lake.

You don't have to use their crappy web based software, there's a plethora of third party add-ons that can have you trading in a style which rivals a small botique shop.

That's what folks are try'in to tell ya.

JJ

#23     Feb 7, 2007
  4. Exactly third party addons bits n peices all over the place do this do that etc etc I dont want to do all this crap!! I know how to trade I just need an a broker who has simple automated trading not with all the rubbish and add ons and this n that etc etc etc etc etc im over all that crap!!!
    SIMPLE SIMPLE SIMPLE thats what I want thats why people lose because it gets to over complicated and they busy thinking about some rubbish other than the markets.

#24     Feb 7, 2007
  5. Try these people.

If you can code, you're in luck.

If you can't, you can use their end-user tools, but, by definition, if you have something that most other traders don't have, you're going to have to code it yourself, because the tools to do so won't have been created.

http://www.ninjatrader.com/web/index.htm

G'd luck,

JJ

P.S. Myself? I really don't mind turning on the ol computer and ringing up a trade or three, it definitely beats working for a living.

#25     Feb 7, 2007
  6. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

I'm a TS customer just because of the simplicity for automated traders. I don't pay the platform, I just pay commissions plus exchange fees, which is WAY more simple than an other option if you don't make too much volume.

BUT... RJ O BRIEN is definitly a bad broker ( whatever the magazine think ).

If I had an advise for a good futures broker( not considering the automating process ), I would say that Open e Cry( my former broker ) is better than TS and Advanced Futures( one of my friends advice ) is incredible.

BYE.

#26     Feb 7, 2007
  7. Your trying to tell me that RJObrien a broker since 1914 which is a Founding member of the Chicago Mercantile Exchange, a full clearing member of the Chicago Board of Trade, New York Mercantile Exchange, Commodity Exchange of New York and the New York Board of Trade, Isnt as good as openecry :D which is just an IB?
    Come on man....... :eek:
    They dont even need Nfa or Cftc registration there full clearing members with over 2 billion in client assests a revenue base in excess of $275 million annually with a net capital of over $100
    million.
    I dunno why you dislike them but obviously they are legitimate.

#27     Feb 7, 2007
  8. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

Hey Angry,

I don't care about the reputation of RJO.

I just say that their execution is far weeker than OEC's one( Rand ). I'm on TS since 2 years now, have been on OEC for 1 year before and on Global futures for 6 months before, and I am SURE that TS is not what I call a good broker... They surely have a advantageous exec if you consider the global offer but in terms of executions, RJO is ... too old I think.

#28     Feb 7, 2007
  9. Yeh maybe,
    I mean there probably good for big floor trading but for the little electronic retail guy we probably get eaten up in there volume.
    Anyway I contacted RJ and yeh there fairly pushy sales people always wanting contact details and I looked at there MCD platform which isnt really very flash.
    And there commissions are a little cheaper than farr but are still up there $35 round trip 2 dow mini including fees.
    So you use TS for futures?
    It says on there form they dont use TS for futures they use RJ's MCD?
    Can you confirm im sick of getting screwed by these guys.

#29     Feb 7, 2007
  10. lol - I see that you are really sold on the hype angry - you have to let that go - their electronic backend platforms which filter your trades are wanting (you don't think they give a free pass to all TS accounts) and with electronic trading fractions of seconds count and they will waste seconds for your account - good luck

#30     Feb 7, 2007