OK time to contribute something serious, my analysis of OIL using my edge

Discussion in 'Trading' started by C- kid, Jun 7, 2008.

1. ess1096

ess1096

Exactly my point. A couple of months ago any one of those headlines may have moved oil to the upside, but NOT by $16 in two days. Last week was a perfect setup for a short squeeze and only needed a spark to light the fuse.

#11     Jun 7, 2008
  2. Babak

Babak

It walks like a bubble and quacks like a bubble, it is probably a bubble. Check out the long term chart of the price of crude adjusted for inflation, and you'll see what I mean.

It dwarfs the oil shocks we saw in '79 and the Persian Gulf war. I have no inside info on demand/supply but I do know that those who have said before "this time is different" have always been wrong, about any market... gold, silver, real estate, etc.

#12     Jun 7, 2008
  3. So how do you play it?

Ota

#13     Jun 7, 2008
  4. supply isn't exactly flooding the market at these prices and demand has only recently started to drop off significantly.

#14     Jun 7, 2008
  5. The price would be a lot lower if the dollar 's value was the same as 5 years ago.

#15     Jun 8, 2008
  6. Mercor

Mercor

Do you feel this way against Funeral directors, Cemeteries?

#16     Jun 8, 2008
  7. not much time if it is immanent

#17     Jun 8, 2008
  8. More blog pimping rr? How's disgusting. Always an agenda with your pathetic ass. Foks, here is the true rr/babak caught in his true weisel form:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Quote from Mr. Gates:

1) You repeatedly emailed a successful website operator insisting he tell you his methodology for making winning trades.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Quote from Babak:

Everything you have said is absolutely and categorically false. You really have a talent for lying
    Quote from Babak:

afford me the opportunity to set the record straight.
    Quote from Babak:

I don't have the time to go into each one

He wanted to set the record straight, then "didn't have time" to do so. Running like a chicken is his specialty.

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=113651&perpage=6&pagenumber=15

rr/babak loves to get free info and help. But when he doesn't get it, he has no problem smearing and slandering. What a guy!

#18     Jun 8, 2008
  9. A clueless one too lazy to start sentences with capital letters, yet oh-so rigorous in his due diligence.

Hello ignore list.........

#19     Jun 8, 2008
  10. Now THAT is what I'm talking about. Couldn't agree more.

#20     Jun 8, 2008