Ok, time to bash the crap out of religion once again :)

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by LongShot, May 26, 2003.

1. Ok....3rd time....Please name another source of history that is as detailed and old as the bible? You said it is not...so for the last time, please name a source that you know of...In addition, historians spend great amounts of time analyzing the bible with archeological finds in the middle east....It's not just about Noah and Adam and eve.....It's about Egypt and the beginning of the cities, gold coins, slaves, wars, famine.....I can;t believe you are arguing this point....have you read the bible? Most of the old the old testament is about the wars of the middle east.

#51     May 28, 2003
  2. No, TM, it is you that appears not to get it. And you're not getting it stems from a misunderstanding about how history is studied and how models of the past are constructed.

#52     May 28, 2003

3. 4th time....please tell me another book that is as accurate or dated as the bible and provides a basis for the history of man?

:confused:

What is the big deal? I made that statement, you said Im wrong, and now you refuse to asner a simple question....BTW, how do historians know where to study and what to look for, where to dig????? the story may not be 100% accurate , but knowing where the people, the cities and the temples were offers the archeologists and the historians the ability to put the pieces together....

#53     May 28, 2003