Ok, time to bash the crap out of religion once again :)

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by LongShot, May 26, 2003.

1. [​IMG]

#21     May 26, 2003

2. More likely those that subscribe to this [the above] line of 'reasoning' are the ones with the problems.

#22     May 26, 2003
  3. That's strange, I thought you reds were all atheists.

#23     May 26, 2003
  4. Fruity/Long,

Just in case you guys care, the content of this thread, from the very first post, isn't so much bashing religion, per se, as it is bashing Christianity.

As far as that goes, the list of Bible 'attrocities' was a pretty good one, I think; just how anyone can defend the extermination of the entire world's population, save for one family, as the act of a loving God is beyond me -- especially when you consider that he, being all-knowing, created these people knowing they wouldn't live up to his standards.

Well, that's really more of a problem for the fundamentalists. Personally, I think their case is pretty damn weak.

Still, it can be argued that the Bible isn't meant to be taken literally (even though that instruction isn't contained within it); that even if the Bible is totally factually incorrect, if Jesus died to 'save' mankind and 'salvation' through acceptance of Him is possible, then Christianity can still be 'true'.

#24     May 26, 2003

5. Well, I'm pretty sure that the reds were. However, not being a red myself, I'm not really an authority on this.

#25     May 26, 2003
  6. If there is a God, I hope you two are real familiar with the thumbs-DOWN scene featured in most gladiator colliseum scenes. :D

#26     May 26, 2003
  7. well, any religion that can't be backed up with facts, sucks, imo. i attack the bible more than other books because from where i live, the bible is discussed the most. i shouldn't really single out any because they all suck. i suppose some are worse than others though. whichever one is the most not open to accepting other beliefs and encourages the most killing of disbelievers is probably the worst.

think of an atheist. he/she is open to any idea, but just wants proof. they don't go around encouraging people to kill people who don't agree. atheism is the best route, i don't care what anyone says.

i like how you point out that the instruction to not take it literally IS NOT in the bible. that is major, imo. all you people out there who think you're a christian, you better be living up to it! if you want to go to heaven, where does it say you can not follow parts of it?!

a true muslim SHOULD KILL THE INFIDELS! the fundamentals ARE CORRECT! the problem is, their beliefs absolutely SUCK! think about it..how can you claim to be a muslim if you don't kill infidels and it tells you to?

so then you are left with... you either follow your religion as it says, or you don't. obviously, religious beliefs do not fit in with the real world. going around killing infidels is not going to be ok. therefore, all these religions are DEFUNCT!!!! it's time to realize you've been brainwashed, stop brainwashing your children, and move on to something that make sense and is acceptable in the real world.

#27     May 26, 2003
  8. fruity, nice picture
    long shot, nice thread
    alfonso...?, ah you're all right I don't care what people say

OH, by the way - God is going to smitten you all..smite, smith, smitting.. awe fuck it, as Charlton Heston would say: you're all damned to hell! TO HELL WITH YOU AL..hold on..I think God is calling me....nope, just the telemarketers again. Alright later all,

Peace be with you,
    RLB

#28     May 26, 2003
  9. dgmodel

dgmodel Guest

same goes for any other religion as well... especially judiaism since christianity derived from it...

#29     May 26, 2003
  10. If you can not prove that there is NOT a god, wouldn't it make sense not to be so forthcoming in mocking him?

You're just lighting up your own ego.

#30     May 27, 2003