OK, this is getting ridiculous.. how is EURUSD now over 1.42?? (4/1/11)

Discussion in 'Forex' started by Raul641, Apr 2, 2011.

1. tortoise

tortoise

Soros relies, primarily, on MACD.

#51     Apr 26, 2011

2. Ha! Good One !!! You forgot the little smiley face, otherwise some people would think you were serious..... :)

#52     Apr 27, 2011
  3. eur/usd at 1.47ish. Going short.

#53     Apr 27, 2011
  4. Roark

Roark

Anybody watching AUD/USD? It's starting to look like silver. Actually, I just took a look at EUR/USD and that chart looks a bit like a silver chart as well. I don't think you should be getting short EUR/USD until the Fed starts raising interest rates or the ECB starts lowering its rates.

#54     Apr 27, 2011
  5. It seems to me to be about to retreat, and possibly selloff.

The dollar may strike at the opposition.... I wonder how it would be explained if true.

#55     Apr 27, 2011
  6. We assume that, going forward, you are proudly long eur/usd at 1.47 and higher.

#56     Apr 27, 2011
  7. Most traders do.

#57     Apr 27, 2011
  8. Dogfish

Dogfish

Well he also rode his long rupiah trade all the way to the low costing him $800m (wiping out everything he made on the baht devaluation) and then lost another $2b on Russia.

For trades like the thai baht coup an official naively told them straight up in a private meeting with Fraga, Kowitz and Jones that they would be very likely to devalue so they just bunged it on.
    I doubt Drukenmiller went to look at his macd after they heard that.

#58     Apr 27, 2011
  9. Lucrum

Lucrum

That was your first mistake, making silly assumptions. Now you're going to make the same mistake again? Successful people tend to learn from their mistakes, they don't keep repeating them.

#59     Apr 27, 2011
  10. Lucrum

Lucrum

Corrected for reality. You're welcome.

#60     Apr 27, 2011