OK, this is getting ridiculous.. how is EURUSD now over 1.42?? (4/1/11)

Discussion in 'Forex' started by Raul641, Apr 2, 2011.

1. I read posts in the politics/religion forum. There are posts in there that are false/wrong/propaganda. The significance of it is that if a person can make such posts, it would mean that that person's opinion about markets are also more likely to be wrong than right.

#41     Apr 13, 2011
  2. MKTrader

MKTrader

What about fiscal deficits-to-GDP? Ireland is the only European nation that's as bad as the U.S. in that department. Couple that with all the USD debasing we're doing, maybe it's not surprising that the EUR is the lesser of two evils according to the markets:

http://financialsense.com/contributors/chris-martenson/insolvent-and-going-deeper

Of course, this is the problem with fundamentals. Unless you have a proven, objective way of making these comparisons, it's usually left up to your selective data and biases.

#42     Apr 14, 2011
  3. Exactly right. And the reasons are irrelevant. Whether wrong or right, consistency is the key. I'll happily follow/pay attention to anyone who is consistently either right or wrong.

#43     Apr 14, 2011
  4. The "Maybe" is not a sure thing because eur/usd fell from 1.4480 to 1.4150 area (more than 300 pips). Your bragging post came at the exact top.

Now that time has shown that you were on the wrong side, I wonder if you would be crying, but if you respect facts, you should be able to know the answer to your question.

Thanks for sharing your bullishness at the top!

#44     Apr 18, 2011

5. If you check the news today, after the fall, they are indeed explaining things with europe debt etc. Once they did it this morning, it was time to fade it after it fell 350 pips from the top.

#45     Apr 18, 2011
  6. USD is looking sicker every day. USD index has broken through 74 now heading towards 70.

Sell USD!!!!!

#46     Apr 21, 2011
  7. provance

provance

yes, there are too many factors for a USD move lower

#47     Apr 24, 2011
  8. Lucrum

Lucrum

Not very good at reading comprehension are you dopey? There was no "bragging" of any kind on my part. I made no claims to a position nor do I have a position now. I was merely pointing out the silly and useless exasperation of the OP complaining about how "ridiculous" a particular price move was. Something we see here a lot.

Oh and your incredibly stupid comments were made near a short term low genius.

#48     Apr 25, 2011
  9. Dogfish

Dogfish

UK PRESS April 25th: America's finances are in almost as troubled a state as the
    worst-hit members of the eurozone, the Times reported at the weekend,
    underscoring the pressing need for Washington to reach agreement on how
    to reduce the deficit. The paper cited a "gauge of sovereign risk"
    report from economists at Deutsche Bank, which placed the United States
    just behind Greece, Ireland and Portugal among 14 advanced economies.
    The report, from economists led by Peter Hooper, warned that a failure
    to make substantial political progress on deficit reduction "would
    substantially raise the risk of a bond market crisis", the paper said.

#49     Apr 26, 2011
  10. Raul641

Raul641

Thanks for the interesting replies. People are saying, generally, don't worry about finding fundamental explanations for the market.

If you read e.g. "The Alchemy of Finance" by George Soros, he says things like, "I thought the pound was overvalued because of X, Y, and Z, so I shorted it and made tons of money." He did this sort of thing repeatedly for years.

How does this fit with the "ignore fundamentals and trade" advice?

#50     Apr 26, 2011