OK state house passes law to require proof of citizenship to run for Prez

Discussion in 'Politics' started by jficquette, Mar 28, 2009.

1. http://www.therightsideoflife.com/?p=4627

It was only a matter of time. More states will follow. Obama is cooked for 2012.

John

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

Capitol: (405) 557-7338

OKLAHOMA CITY (March 12, 2009) – Legislation requiring candidates filing with the Oklahoma State Election Board and any county election board in Oklahoma to provide documentation of their citizenship has been approved by the House.

House Bill 1329, by state Rep. Mike Ritze, would require prospective candidates to provide a birth certificate showing U.S. citizenship, a non-birth U.S. citizenship certificate, a certificate of naturalization or a passport in order to file. U.S. presidential and vice presidential candidates would not be able to use either certificate of naturalization or passport. It would also make those documents subject to the Oklahoma Open Records Act.

“I think that it would be a travesty for a non-citizen to get elected to a government position,” Ritze, R-Broken Arrow, said. “I also think that it puts aside any doubts by those who would question a legitimate candidate. It is a common-sense bill and I am glad to see the House pass it.”

House Bill 1329 now awaits a hearing in the Senate.

2. Yeah, Obama's master election strategy relied on Oklahoma. Oklahoma is just a flyover state with nothing else to do.

3. Actually, even if OK was the only state to enact this type of legislation, any candidate who failed to comply for what ever reason, would face a severe PR problem, In my opinion, all states should enact this type of requirement, but in practise all it would take is one.

4. The funny thing is that people still believe Obama was born in Kenya. How hard is it to undertand, he does not feel obligated to show his birth certificate at the request of a bunch of blowhards?

It sets a bad precedent and puts him on the defensive that he has something to prove.

5. That's my point. It only takes one state to require him to produce his birth certificate to get on the ballot.

6. His Granny is on tape saying he was born in Kenya as is the Kenyan Ambassdor.

He is the one setting the bad precedent by running for an office he is has not proven he is qualified for.

Why do you think he was not born in Kenya? And please, don't give me that shit about the certification of birth on the Internet. A certification of birth is given to anyone who wants to register the birth there. You don't have to be born in Hawaii to obtain a certification of birth.

A Birth Certificate is given when a child is born in Hawaii and list the hospital, attending physician. This is what he can't produce or else he would have.

Here is statue:

[§338-17.8] Certificates for children born out of State. (a) Upon application of an adult or the legal parents of a minor child, the director of health shall issue a birth certificate for such adult or minor, provided that proof has been submitted to the director of health that the legal parents of such individual while living without the Territory or State of Hawaii had declared the Territory or State of Hawaii as their legal residence for at least one year immediately preceding the birth or adoption of such child.

(b) Proof of legal residency shall be submitted to the director of health in any manner that the director shall deem appropriate. The director of health may also adopt any rules pursuant to chapter 91 that he or she may deem necessary or proper to prevent fraudulent applications for birth certificates and to require any further information or proof of events necessary for completion of a birth certificate.

(c) The fee for each application for registration shall be established by rule adopted pursuant to chapter 91. [L 1982, c 182, §1]

7. LOL.

8. READ MY LIPS: STARE DECISIS. Supreme Court did not take the case which makes this case settled as a matter of law.

I honestly don't care where he was born. I know one thing, if it could be proven he was born in Kenya his competitors would have exposed the issue already.

9. Had he been born in Hawaii he would have proved it by now.

You don't care only because its a democrat involved. The fact that you didn't grasp the significance of only one state doing this speaks volumes about you.

John

10. You don't understand the importance of "reading between the lines".

Do you honestly believe that if Roberts, Scalia, Thomas, Alito, Kennedy could nuke Obama they would not have done it? What does it tell you? it is not a battle worth fighting. It was not brought up by McCain, RNC, Hillary or anyone of substance. It is a non issue. I mean it is an issue for a tiny miserable cult of people in denial but everyone else has moved on.

The reason I don't care is because I know Obama is as american as anyone else. He was born from an american womb, he speaks english without an accent and he was shaped by US academia. What more do you want of him?

#10     Mar 29, 2009