ok, so what FX brokers DON'T suck

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by 1a2b3cppp, Nov 25, 2008.

1. cstfx

cstfx

It's not Currenex, if that's what you are looking for. It's different. More like a strategy editor (of sorts) than a point and click front end. I like it because a)trading off the depth is better than IB's b) I can enter tp's and stops better than using bracket trader (not as well as choicefx, but better than BT) c) triggers another strategy when prior one is hit. I don't do much automated programming, but I like this feature.

I was using HotspotFXi almost exclusively thru vCap/FCStone until their recent little implosion, and moved everything save for a modest amt. to IB. It's the same thing, only different. My only real complaint is that it is not as easy to move larger amts on IB as it is on Hotspot - the latter has much better depth to swallow a 5MM order.

#11     Nov 25, 2008
  2. cstfx

cstfx

Just to clarify, as someone pm'd me about this remark, the implosion referenced was about FC Stone taking a big hit in a couple of clearing accounts and their stock price plummeting. We've all seen what happens to a broker when the stock trades sub $5.

Sorry if my comment misled.

#12     Nov 26, 2008
  3. so why not move the account directly to Hotspot?

#13     Dec 8, 2008
  4. cstfx

cstfx

You can't trade futures vs cash at Hotspotfx. You can only get a prime with them for spot forex trading.

#14     Dec 8, 2008