Ok so Bear Stink Funds are worthless, where are the indictments?

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by stock777, Jul 17, 2007.

1. That truck is a rusted out '72 pickup. Byrne's win in California is monumental. OH, it'll take a bit of time for folks to realize what just happened, but the Primes are in deep deep trouble.

#41     Jul 18, 2007
  2. that's a given, alot of this is perception, I'm all for a discount on GS which is undervalued imho.

#42     Jul 18, 2007
  3. Notice that the major investment banks are sporting P/E ratios of around 10, as
    compared to many financial institutions with no exposure to the subprime or CDS
    markets, who are often in the range of 20. That would lead some analysts to suggest the
    risk is already priced in the market.
    I disagree. If you cannot know the risk then you cannot price it, and you can
    guarantee it is not priced into the market. Something may be priced, and maybe it is the
    right amount, but no one can know for sure. And we do not know the exposure of the
    major investment banks to the subprime and CDS markets.

#43     Jul 18, 2007
  4. newbunch

newbunch

#44     Jul 18, 2007
  5. bear sterns is only down 68 cents. What does that tell you about the subprime? Not a big deal. The who funds are FUBAR but that is old news. Glad I didn't sell into the subprime panic today.

#45     Jul 18, 2007
  6. There's always tomorrow. What do you think happened that was good?

#46     Jul 18, 2007
  7. I'll admit I got caught long [index] deltas yesterday into the close, which is hard to fathom considering I am a bear. I'll cover and reverse when BSC breaks yesterday's AH lows.

#47     Jul 18, 2007
  8. I thought those Livermore chapters were timely. It doesn't always happen on your timetable. But nothing good is going on. Nothing.

Bernake grilling was merciless. Much was deserved, but they nailed him for housing woes, all types of things he wasnt responsible for. Doesn't matter. They want blood, and they aren't stupid in Congress. They will trample their own Mother's to get on the "right side" of the issue, which is to side with the people thrown out of their homes. And they'll come after the deep pockets. Just a matter of time. They've got 16 months at most. November of 08

#48     Jul 18, 2007
  9. LEH denied exposure. MER and JPM beat est including writeoffs for subprime. Allstate and Washington Mutual show no exposure.

Looks like Subprime will take backseat til after expiry.

#49     Jul 18, 2007
  10. #50     Jul 18, 2007