OK Second Time Timmay's Hedge Fund book

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by timvodas, Sep 4, 2007.

1. Again, don't trust Timmay, trust his results.

#11     Sep 5, 2007
  2. Ahhh, but can't you see that your comparing apples and oranges. I'm on here promoting my book and backing it up with figures from others who enjoyed the book and your trying to dissuade people from buying my book by using figures only relevant to my fund.

If I was trying to raise capital for my fund, you'd be doing a bang up job, but I'm not. Get me some figures from people who don't like my book (out of the 300 advance copies I sent out, there's a total of 3 out haters there, only 1 who has gone on the record publicly) vs. 200+ who love my book. The facts don't support your thesis.

Checkmate.

#12     Sep 5, 2007
    #13     Sep 5, 2007
  4. great, now since timmay paid to be a sponsor, he will put his reviews on every thread about him. But what I want to know about is the Cilantro Fund. After the book is released, I bet Timmay will be trading all day long and actively watching his portfolio. Tell us Timmay, how much time are you devoting towards your fund now and how much are you devoting to marketing your book? Also, got any good stock picks? What microcap is ripe for a short now?

#14     Sep 5, 2007
  5. I bet the few investors left in his fund would be curious as to how he has so much time post on this forum and market his book while he is losing so much damn money...

But then again, if they are dumb enough to still be invested in his fund...they probably don't know any better anyway.

#15     Sep 5, 2007
  6. I still spend plenty of time on my fund, but in its current state, there'st just not much I can do. You'll understand better when you read the book.

A decent microcap short pick right now, I'll choose SCON, but I think it's got 1 or 2 possible spikes left in it before it becomes a really good short.

#16     Sep 5, 2007
  7. The government doesn't want you listening to Timothy Sykes. That's why you should.
    -Michael Covel, Bestselling Author of The Complete TurtleTrader and Trend Following

-what the fuck does that even mean?

Does Dave know you're sleeping with the enemy?

#17     Sep 5, 2007
  8. slacker

slacker

Not good.

Why not use your time to raise more funds????

Have you given up on trading already?

#18     Sep 6, 2007
  9. It goes with my book's thesis that I think it's sad that SEC regulations prohibit hedge fund managers from being able to detail their businesses to the general public. I don't think non-wealthy people should be allowed to invest in hedge funds, but they should be given a chance to understand how they operate

#19     Sep 6, 2007
  10. slacker

slacker

Why not become a CTA, then promote away as long as your disclosure is audited... Why not?

#20     Sep 6, 2007