OK Second Time Timmay's Hedge Fund book

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by timvodas, Sep 4, 2007.

1. timvodas

timvodas

I just came back from my day of play to find that my thread on Timmay's hedge fund has been vandalized by some vagrants. Cant we have a discussion on the hedge fund book, a serious discussion?

Come on...Lets face it. Timmay turned 10000 into a million. Some of you guys are having a hard enough time at turning up quarters to eat at McDonalds.

So with that said, I would like to discuss this great book and I dont want to hear any cat calls. Timmay was gracious enough to donate money to this site and that is something that you supposed "traders" will never do in your lifetime.

[​IMG]

2. Translation--"My ass is killing me".

So did a shitload of people during the bubble and wreck.

You are definitely a piker.

Donate???? It's called paid advertising jackass.

3. LOL

you seem to have covered the bases, Longhorns. LOL

You didn't leave me anything to rip on. Dammit.

4. So what meme exactly do you want to spread timmy, that you're a douchebag?

5. slacker

slacker

So how much do you think 'spam rights' are going for on ET? Is this ET until this book comes out?

An why is a discussion about this book in a Trading thread? Just asking....

6. Good question...

I think you get a discount if you advertise ET on your site though.

7. I know a guy who knows a guy who knew someone who turned $234 in a million billion dollars NO joke. I think he has a book out.

8. EPrado

EPrado

Hopefully this an alias of Tim.....or a friend.......whoever this moron is needs to rethink starting a discussion about this book...seeeing how it hasnt been fucking released yet.

9. Don't know the guy, but actually Eprado, my book is available for pre-order. Again, don't trust me, trust my reviews:

A clearly-written account of a natural trader coming of age, a Catcher in the Rye for traders. Highly recommended if you want to be or understand a trader...
    -Aaron C. Brown, Executive Director at Morgan Stanley, Author of The Poker Face of Wall Street

Want the ride of your life? It reads like Reminiscences of a Stock Operator...Tim holds nothing back
    -Alexander Paul Morris, President of Yourika Corp., MoMoneyTV.com

Updates Reminiscences of a Stock Operator into the 21st Century...
    -Allan Harris, AllAllan.Blogspot.com

The Da Vinci Code for investors. Every turn of the page is more engrossing
    -Andy Swan, Founder and CEO, MyTrade.com

Should be read by anyone who is serious about making money trading�reminds me of How I Made $2 Million in the Stock Market and Reminiscences of a Stock Operator
    -Brian Shannon, AlphaTrends.Blogspot.com

The most realistic portrayal of the risks, rewards, joys, frustrations, exhilarations and the depths of a trader's life since Reminiscences of a Stock Operator.
    -Craig L Howe, Faulkner and me, Amazon Top 500 Reviewer

Potentially the new Reminiscences of a Stock Operator as it's definitely a future classic in this genre...
    -Dave Goodboy, TradingMarkets.com

I could hardly put it down! Right up there with Confessions of a Street Addict as one of my all-time favorite books about stock traders
    -Fred Fuld III, StockerBlog.com

Not since How I Made $2 Million in the Stock Market has anyone written such a personal and extremely informative account of their trading experience�a must read
    -J. Lauriston, The Lauriston Letter

Not since Dumb Money have I found...sarcastic humor and no-holds-barred honesty so authentic and compelling
    -Jeff White, Founder, TheStockBandit.net

Finally! A follow-up to the classics, Reminiscences of a Stock Operator and How I Made $2 Million in the Stock Market--a must read for any aspiring trader
    -Kevin Kelly, BloggingStocks.com

I can't believe I've finished the whole book in less than 24 hours--last time I had this same enthusiasm about a book was when I read The Secret
    -Noel Bautista, 2MinuteCommute.com

The modern-day Reminiscences of a Stock Operator
    -Ron Sen, Ronsen.Blogspot.com

This is the 21st century's Reminiscences of a Stock Operator. READ IT!
    -Shuo Liu, UCLATrader.Blogspot.com

This is the modern-day Reminiscences of a Stock Operator. A wonderful insight into the often mystical world of day-trading and hedge funds.
    -Theo Wong, StokBlogs.com

One of the few books besides Reminiscences of a Stock Operator that I read cover-to-cover non-stop
    -Victor William, BuzzingBell.com

Business Leaders:

Should be a prerequisite for every kid coming out of business school
    -Adrian James, President, The Stockwire Group

Tim's story and his honesty will inspire generations to come.
    -Brett Fogle, CEO, Options University

This book isn't just about making money; it's an inspirational yet realistic look at the world of trading and startup hedge funds.
    -Chad Brand, President, Peridot Capital Management, LLC and author of The Peridot Capitalist

A must read for every man, woman, and child who wishes to get into the world of hedge funds.
    -Chris Lahiji, Founder of LD Micro

Tim captures the mindset and drive of the at-home, chart-based stock trader...you'll find this book eye-opening...
    -David Jackson, Founder and CEO, Seeking Alpha

Masterfully crafts inspirational lessons about trading and life as a must-read guide for everybody pursuing the American Dream.
    -Dr. Prieur du Plessis, CEO of Plexus Asset Management, InvestmentPostCards.com

A must read for entrepreneurs everywhere...
    -Evan Carmichael, Founder, Evan Carmichael Communications Group

This is the first book I'd give to somebody if I were trying to interest them in the stock market
    -Greg Feirman, Founder and CEO, Top Gun Financial Planning

Brutal honesty and self-criticism...is what distinguishes this book from others
    -Jeffrey Mishlove, PhD, President, Intuition Network, ForecastingSystems.com

Should be required reading for anyone contemplating an investment in a startup
    -Kenneth Wasserman, President, ASKM, LLC

A no holds barred and hilarious look...honest reflection...a great read for all...
    -Matt Brown, Founder, Investors Hub

I love the book. it's a very honest portrayal of one man's journey
    -Neal Berger, President, Eagle's View Asset Management, LLC

A surprise for veteran or beginner. Mr. Sykes exposes a lot of himself which allows you to see the development of the trading mind
    -Online Trading Academy

What a great book. Engaging, honest and entertaining...
    -Perry Blacher, Cofounder, Covestor

This will be a big hit with college students and inspire many.
    -Peter Ricchiuti, Assistant Dean, Professor of Finance, Freeman School of Business, Tulane University

A must read for anyone dreaming of becoming a hedge fund manager
    -Sam Butler, President, Steadfast Resource Associates

A highly-entertaining and riveting account...a must-read for all aspiring traders and hedge fund managers...
    -Stephen Karl, Founder of Stockalicious.com

A story that will inspire the next generation of investors...
    -Thomas Catino, Managing Member, Ant & Sons LLC

A clear, unbiased view of trading...many lessons...I highly recommend it.
    -Tom Alexander, Partner, Alexander Trading, Savannah River Capital Management

A refreshing perspective from one of the industry's rising young stars--it even draws a little blood
    -Tom Sosnoff, Cofounder and CEO, Thinkorswim, Inc.

Authors:

A fun and entertaining read about one of Wall Street's most important subjects.
    -Daniel Strachman, Managing Partner, A & C Advisors LLC, Author of The Fundamentals of Hedge Fund Management

A professional trader myself, I can totally identify...I find it absolutely inspirational
    -Grace Cheng, GraceCheng.com, Author of 7 Winning Strategies For Trading Forex

Tim lays it on the line. The pain, the hunger, the glory, the brutality of trading in the trenches. Read this before you try to turn $12,000 into $2,000,000.
    -James Altucher, President, Stockpickr LLC, Formula Capital, and Author of Trade Like a Hedge Fund and SuperCa$h

Entertaining, insightful, and educational-it's a great read
    -Jame 'RevShark' Deporre, President, SharkInvesting.com, Author of Invest Like a Shark

An interesting story that any trader will appreciate
    -John Boik, Author of Lessons from the Greatest Stock Traders of All Time and How Legendary Traders Made Millions

A book all aspiring traders should read. The mental elements of trading described in Tim's story, both positive and negative, are ones that all traders experience...
    -John Forman, Author of The Essentials of Trading

The government doesn't want you listening to Timothy Sykes. That's why you should.
    -Michael Covel, Bestselling Author of The Complete TurtleTrader and Trend Following

Of all the trading books I have read, this is one of the most entertaining, honest, and applicable
    -Peter Leeds, Author of Understanding Penny Stocks, PennyStocks.com

A breath of fresh air. I read it cover to cover in one sitting and didn't get bored for a moment
    -Russell Bailyn, Author of Navigating the Financial Blogosphere

A pulse-quickening, insider's view of an incredible time in market history
    -Tim Knight, Founder, Prophet.net, Slope-Of-Hope.com and Author of Chart Your Way To Profits

An engaging story about a talented day trader...his success and ultimate clarity of purpose is inspiring...
    -Tracy L. Coenen, Author of Essentials of Corporate Fraud, Sequence-Inc.com

A wonderful, entertaining, frank tale of how randomness met Wall Street.
    -Vitaliy Katsenelson, Author of Active Value Investing: Making Money in Range Bound Markets

10. EPrado

EPrado

I rarely buy anything based on reviews......especially by a bunch of people/bloggers I have never heard of. Save your breath. It's not that I dont want to put money in your pocket.....if the story seemed interesting to me I would buy the book regardless what I thought of you. Reading about some kid who made good money...tried to raise money for a hedge fund....failed....then whines about it doesnt interest me.

#10     Sep 5, 2007