Ok Ok what edge

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by jrlvnv, Jul 12, 2005.

1. :D ^ 23

#41     Jul 12, 2005
  2. Anseld

Anseld

the word 'edge" has been so poorly overused by guys with no edge that it really has lost its meaning.

it's become more of an empty buzzword these days.

so next time you hear the word, just ignore it.

:)

#42     Jul 12, 2005
  3. Exactly. Well put...

Next thing they'll be saying is that the guitarist from U2 is a great trader :D (think about it...)

#43     Jul 12, 2005
  4. The U2 guitarist might actually have an edge because of the people he meets and the access he is granted. I'd sooner bet on that than some of the so-called edges described in this thread. :)

#44     Jul 12, 2005
  5. As my reference stated, "successful traders".

I get your joke, and ye, haha. But in all seriousness I don't mean that their "system" is utterly feel based, but rather they trade based on a strategy used by others, but inject their superior market "feel" into the decision making process, as every discretionary (or semi-disc.) trader does, and turns it into a far more successful situation.

The way I see it, that is an edge. And just that, nothing more, nothing less.

#45     Jul 12, 2005
  6. ig0r

ig0r

lol you guys are all so silly. a trade with real edge is one where you are taking advantage of a mispricing in the market which is usually gone in just a few seconds. markets are not efficient, but traders like me make them more efficient.

#46     Jul 12, 2005
  7. BSAM

BSAM

:eek:.....Spooooooky.....:eek:

#47     Jul 12, 2005
  8. lol

#48     Jul 12, 2005
  9. some edges are sharp some edges are very dull

trading OPG's has become a very dull edge no matter how much they're touted as being consistent profit centers

trading off the Level 2's is a game that has seen its edge become flat

trading pairs or hedged is a game that has various edges and depends which pairs you create and what news events hit in your profit cycle...too many traders have both lost and lost on those types of trades....

so, yeah, the statement is true, but hard to achieve (consistently), or at least early in your trading development so that you're only giving back profits instead of principle....

#49     Jul 13, 2005