OK, I quit, enough is enough, no more trading!

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by BPtrader, Dec 23, 2009.

1. Gcapman

Gcapman

No trader ever really *quits* trading.

Especially if you were a losing trader...

Since you've been at it for 4/5 years, it will be nearly impossible for you to quit

You will scrounge up some more trading capital and eventually wind up losing it all until you are homeless or you kill yourself from the stress and frustration

My advice is to learn a good trading strategy and focus more on your psychology

Unless of course you have a very decent career option = in that case, leave trading and forget about trading - just consider yourself as not having the right stuff to be a successful speculator

GL

#21     Dec 23, 2009
  2. BSAM

BSAM

Okay. Now, go ahead and quote his next sentence. You do it, so I don't have to, according to your own post.

#22     Dec 23, 2009
  3. Redneck

Redneck

Knowing it and doing it are two completely different things Sir

This journal screams help - to me

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=2600533#post2600533

#23     Dec 23, 2009
  4. BSAM - The next sentence is "One tricky thing: I don't do what I should do"

That does not change the thread. He has posted two threads - One boasting that when he sits in front of his computer he knows what he is doing and another saying he is quitting.

I could be wrong but it seems like a con job to me.

#24     Dec 23, 2009
  5. Redneck

Redneck

And that is why 90% Fail

RN

#25     Dec 23, 2009
  6. [​IMG]

Best of luck. One tip though - if your main problem is trading outside your plan, then I would consider finding a partner to work the account with you. Maybe a family member, a good friend, it doesn't matter. Just adds a layer of accountabilty when your are trading someone elses cash. Worked for me years ago, and still do it today.

#26     Dec 23, 2009
  7. BSAM

BSAM

When you quote people try to maintain accuracy. Seems to me like you are getting a kick out of some dude who has been devastated by wasting 4 years of his life and an $80,000 loss.

I got my own opinions of who is "full of it" around here. Have a good one bud.

#27     Dec 23, 2009
  8. Well, BSAM, I am sure that you believe in Santa Claus and the tooth fairy as well.

#28     Dec 23, 2009
  9. BSAM

BSAM

Hey kid, seems like I'd be the one to be the smartass in this incident. But, it's not important. You can say what you want to me, but from what I've seen in this thread, and assuming the OP is sincere, you should man-up and throw out an apology to BP.

I don't believe in the tooth fairy. But, do I believe in Santa Claus? You damn right.

Merry Christmas bud!

#29     Dec 23, 2009
  10. #30     Dec 23, 2009