OK, I give in...

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by seadog, Oct 24, 2012.

1. You may consider putting things in perspective. You don't need the money for foods or shelter or medication. You just need the $320 to pay the Topsteptrader Combine fee to try your luck at the demo, which is exciting and really difficult at the same time.

You do have courage, I give you that, but you should have use it for the good of others, like rising funds for the homeless or the sick kids.

#21     Oct 25, 2012
  2. Seadog- I blew out 3 $30k accounts in three years. I/we do understand what traders go through on their trading journey.

mp

#22     Oct 25, 2012
  3. seadog

seadog

Thanks for that Michael. That is helpful amongst all the negativity.Hopefully I'm getting across my commitment to make this work one way or another. No matter what other people think.
    seadog

#23     Oct 25, 2012
  4. I was not interested in sponsoring a combine. I was interested in seeing if this guy's stuff was credible enough for real money trading and if so - back that for a low five figure shot.

While I make my living from the development and deployment of automated systems, I am always on the lookout for new ideas as much of what I have automated has come from the ideas of traders I have backed.

Of course to find an idea that is worth automating you have to sift through a ton of crap - too much crap to put up with attitude too.

I welcome queries of this sort and am well aware that almost all of them come more from hope and dreams rather than from experience and hard work.

That said - no matter how rich the stream, you still have to pan a lot of dirt to get the gold.

I welcome and invite queries from any trader who would be interested in a backing situation and thinks he has anything that is out of sequence smart, effective or innovative.

Good trading to all

cheers

Jack

#24     Oct 25, 2012
  5. Also those looking to trade that need money NOW should not look to trade now. I say that because I was there once and every dime I didn't have I put into the market. People now seem to look for brokerage houses that take less and less deposit. It is sad that brokerage house don't put a floor on this. Hell forex you can use your credit card to fund an account. That about makes me puke. Horroring the business out does not keep traders trading like the business wants. Training traders and helping them develop will keep them trading in the market longer or permanent.

It takes time to develop and even if you do make a large amount lets say $10k or $20k right away, you will probably NEED to withdraw and pay bills etc. Now if you withdraw half that and you lose the rest of the account (because you have not properly worked whatever bad habits out of your trading which always show up at some point) NOW you are dead in the water in the exact same spot. You either are done trading or you need to find capital to replenish the account. Lose lose situation and still in a scary financial spot.

Always make sure you do not NEED the money from trading. You make the most money in this business when you do not NEED it.

mp

just my 2 cents

#25     Oct 25, 2012