OK, I give in...

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by seadog, Oct 24, 2012.

1. It's a nice thing that you are doing, but as you may already know, no good deed goes unpunished.

Sometime, it is better to just let the guy learn the value of money, learn how to be responsible, and learn to grow up.

I am sure he will be able to make $160 through a part-time job within a few weeks.

#11     Oct 24, 2012
  2. spd

spd

Something in your house is worth $160. How bad do you want to be a trader?

#12     Oct 25, 2012
  3. sf631

sf631

Pure curiosity question - where did everyone infer the $160 from the OP's original post? I'm not a futures guy so I don't really understand how to decode the TST/$100,000/10 contracts ES jargon.

#13     Oct 25, 2012
  4. seadog

seadog

Just to respond to the replies. sf631 has it right. Who mentioned $160.
    All of my years in doing business, it is usually started with getting the basics out of the way through emails.Weather it is local or international.
    Yes I'm gong through hard times, but I'm willing to step up to plate and trade in public view, also willing to step up to the plate and ask for help.
    I keep forgeting, everyone on this forum is a successful trader and worth millions.
    I tought their might be a human being here somewhere.
    seadog

#14     Oct 25, 2012
  5. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

What I couldn't understand is why you wrote the ad as something from a newspaper classified instead of in proper English? Then why wouldn't you take a phone call from someone who might have offered you the money? In these types of situations you probably will only get a 1 or 2 inquiries and if you are lucky something will materialize. You cut your already very low odds by 50percent.

Also you make no mention as to why someone should back you. What's in it for them? What's the cost? What should their motivation be?

#15     Oct 25, 2012
  6. If a person comes to you saying that they will handle your money better than they handled their own money...

Send them for a long walk on a short pier.

#16     Oct 25, 2012
  7. euclid

euclid

Not always ...
    As someone who has been shit out of luck for over 5 years, I'm surprised you wouldn't call a potential backer. :confused: I'm even more surprised you even had a potential backer. :eek:

#17     Oct 25, 2012
  8. zdreg

zdreg

'As someone who has been shit out of luck for over 5 years, I'm surprised you wouldn't call a potential backer. I'm even more surprised you even had a potential backer. "

are you making a point other than successfully trying to reveal that you are snarky?

#18     Oct 25, 2012
  9. It's $320, not 10k.

#19     Oct 25, 2012
  10. euclid

euclid

No, I freely admit to snarkiness. But, I'm genuinely surprised that the OP got a single positive response. I guess not everybody is a miserable cynic like me.

And the implied question to the OP is: What has changed since the last attempt? Why are you now confident of success?

#20     Oct 25, 2012